FS: SMC PENTAX DA 17-70mm f4 AL[IF] SDM

Jimbro66

Link Posted 09/04/2015 - 20:47
I'm offering for sale my Pentax DA 17-70mm f4 AL SDM zoom lens. This is a really nice general purpose zoom lens that produces sharp well-rendered images whist maintaining a constant f4 aperture throughout the zoom range. It is in superb condition with totally clear optics and a good snappy iris, no marks or damage whatsoever and smooth-turning focus and zoom rings. There have been no SDM autofocus issues. Boxed and complete with front/rear caps and lens hood. I am also including in the sale an as-new 67mm dia Hoya HD Protector filter to suit this lens.

The lens still has a little of the Pentax guarantee period left. Only used for 6 months before being replaced in my bag by the 20-40 Ltd ( There's no logic to that. Both are great lenses and the 17-70 has a more useful zoom range - I just happen to like LTDs )

I should mention that there is a little play in the lens barrel and there always has been since new. At the time of purchase I had rejected two examples of the Pentax 17-70 due to excessive barrel 'wobble'. This third lens was noticeably better and was described by SRS as being 'normal' for the type. The slight play has no effect at all on performance.

The lens is favourably priced to sell at 225 with the filter and to include insured RMSD.

Jimbro66

Link Posted 11/04/2015 - 12:59
Weekend bump

Jimbro66

Link Posted 15/04/2015 - 12:25
Bump.

Still hoping to sell to a fellow enthusiast on this forum before I leave for France at the weekend.

If not sold it will go on Gumtree/Ebay when I return in May.

Jimbro66

Link Posted 16/04/2015 - 15:37
This lens has now been SOLD to forum member ronniemac. Many thanks Ronnie.

Only the 70mm f2.4 Ltd (see separate ad) awaits a buyer before I leave for a period in France. It's an excellent lens at a bargain price not to be missed.

ronniemac

Link Posted 21/04/2015 - 00:56
Lens arrived quickly, expertly packaged, and in pristine condition - it could have passed for new. Unexpectedly, it focuses instantly and precisely, even in low light levels.

This is one fine lens, and Jim is someone I highly recommend buying from.

If his 70 limited is anything like the 17-70, the lucky buyer will be delighted, as am I.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.