FS: Pentax K-1
Posted 02/03/2017 - 00:15
Link
So are you asking £1475 posted or £1550 posted (as per your second thread for this same camera) ?
Which is it?
Which is it?
Posted 02/03/2017 - 02:12
Link
It's this one - £1475 posted
Not sure why JAK is stressing the point when it isn't possible to edit the initial post.
The thread was derailed with questions about the warranty so I needed to clean it up and make it clear that this was the price I was looking at.
Thanks!
Not sure why JAK is stressing the point when it isn't possible to edit the initial post.
The thread was derailed with questions about the warranty so I needed to clean it up and make it clear that this was the price I was looking at.
Thanks!
All the gear with no idea
Posted 02/03/2017 - 07:22
Link
It can be edited for you, but two threads is confusing.
I'll close the other thread and redirect it here.
I'll close the other thread and redirect it here.
Best regards, John
Posted 02/03/2017 - 12:37
Link
HarisF1 wrote:
It's this one - £1475 posted
Not sure why JAK is stressing the point when it isn't possible to edit the initial post.
The thread was derailed with questions about the warranty so I needed to clean it up and make it clear that this was the price I was looking at.
Thanks!
The matter of price was nothing to do with me, just the two threads for one camera was confusing.It's this one - £1475 posted
Not sure why JAK is stressing the point when it isn't possible to edit the initial post.
The thread was derailed with questions about the warranty so I needed to clean it up and make it clear that this was the price I was looking at.
Thanks!
Questions about warranty matters etc. were hardly derailing your thread. If it had been purchased from a main Pentax dealer rather than Cash Conversions or somewhere it may still have had the balance of a transferable two year warranty with it, a valuable asset. One has to take that into account when making a purchase on a high value camera. You could have saved a lot of hassle just pointing to it in a Leads to Deals thread and not getting involved yourself (unless you wanted the camera in the first place which it doesn't read as if you actually did.) I didn't pay much more for mine brand new.
John K
Posted 02/03/2017 - 14:14 - Helpful Comment
Link
Bit of a mute point how much you paid to be honest, the cheapest new is currently £1800 so this is over £300 cheaper than what you would pay now.
Whether that is enough to tempt anyone into giving up the warranty on what is basically a new camera is up to them and if the seller makes a small profit in the process then so what, he took the risk in the first place .... although it's not going too well atm it seems.
Anyway, this thread seems to be going the same way as the other so best I shut up now ☺
Whether that is enough to tempt anyone into giving up the warranty on what is basically a new camera is up to them and if the seller makes a small profit in the process then so what, he took the risk in the first place .... although it's not going too well atm it seems.
Anyway, this thread seems to be going the same way as the other so best I shut up now ☺
Posted 02/03/2017 - 14:33 - Helpful Comment
Link
Yes, can we stick to the point please. Classified Ads are for the buying/selling process only, discussions should be elsewhere.
Any buyers?
Any buyers?
Best regards, John
Posted 04/03/2017 - 22:46
Link
Item sold on eBay, thank you for your interest.
All the gear with no idea
Posted 04/03/2017 - 23:22
Link
HarisF1 wrote:
Item sold on eBay, thank you for your interest.
Hadn't realised you were a camera dealer.
Item sold on eBay, thank you for your interest.
John K
Posted 04/03/2017 - 23:36
Link
Curious why anyone would want to buy then unbox a brand new item just to 'test' it?
Posted 04/03/2017 - 23:39
Link
JAK wrote:
I'm not.HarisF1 wrote:
Item sold on eBay, thank you for your interest.
Hadn't realised you were a camera dealer.Item sold on eBay, thank you for your interest.
SteveLedger wrote:
Curious why anyone would want to buy then unbox a brand new item just to 'test' it?
It was bought unboxed so I had to test it.
Curious why anyone would want to buy then unbox a brand new item just to 'test' it?
All the gear with no idea
Posted 04/03/2017 - 23:48
Link
Thanks, I see.
So it was unboxed by the original purchaser then sold to yourself who also indented to sell it.
Just as well camera's don't have feelings
Curiosity piqued..
So it was unboxed by the original purchaser then sold to yourself who also indented to sell it.
Just as well camera's don't have feelings
Curiosity piqued..
Posted 04/03/2017 - 23:57
Link
Don't worry, it's nothing underhand. If it was, I'd mention it in my listing.
All the gear with no idea
Posted 05/03/2017 - 00:14
Link
HarisF1 wrote:
You are in the eyes of the law if you buy to sell on, and if so you should register as a business seller on eBay. Looking at your listings you have sold around 40 high value photographic items since Jan 1st this year which don't look to be old junk coming out of your attic for disposal. If the HMRC pick up on this they'll be after your accounts, possible back tax etc even if you have not hit the tax threshold,, They're getting hot on this now. People regularly buying to sell on like that are getting picked up by HMRC so you'd be wise to keep it above board.JAK wrote:
I'm not.HarisF1 wrote:
Item sold on eBay, thank you for your interest.
Hadn't realised you were a camera dealer.Item sold on eBay, thank you for your interest.
Also, as a business seller you're obliged to have a returns policy, you shouldn't be ducking out of that by not accepting returns unless the items are sold by auction. Your listings are mostly BIN.
If you believe me to be wrong, just search the HMRC and ebay rules of buying to sell on and check the business seller requirements. As a business seller you actually would get beneficial final value fees etc.
Should HMRC catch up with you before you tell them, then good luck!
John K
Posted 05/03/2017 - 00:20
Link
Thank you for assuming that I haven't spoken to HMRC. I've noted recently that you've been extremely rude in a number of threads and it just keeps continuing. If you really haven't got anything nice to say then please refrain from adding your 2 cents.
Have a great night.
Have a great night.
All the gear with no idea
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1926 posts
9 years
I have a boxed Pentax K-1 for sale in 'as new' condition. This camera has been unboxed and tested (shutter count of 2, great!), imaged and then put back away.
I am looking at £1475 posted including RMSD and insurance. I would consider a reasonable offer of cash + DSLR/Lenses. Payment by Bank Transfer preferred, although Paypal gift (or buyer pays fees) is also fine. I have a 6 month warranty for this item and will therefore assist any buyer if an issue arises.
Thanks for looking!