FS: Pentax FA's, Ltd, K and accessories

LennyBloke

Link Posted 14/02/2013 - 11:16
Another big clearout of lenses (5) and a few other bits that either overlap too much with other stuff or don't get used enough to justify keeping. Plus I have another purchase to fund - I will post some photos at the weekend.

1. Pentax FA 43mm f1.9 Limited - Silver, MIJ with original caps and hood

One of the stunning Jun HIrakawa designed lenses from the Limited series. It is in beautiful condition, is an excellent performer, is full frame compatible, and is the made in Japan model. This is the 3rd one of these I have owned and it is the best one yet Price: 425 (inc P&P)

2. Pentaz FA 50mm f2.8 Macro

The reputation of this lens is stunning, with Dimtrovs KMP site saying "Optically this lens is virtually perfect. It is extremely sharp, corner to corner, at 1:1 or at infinity. Wide open it is better than many lenses at their optimal apertures, and when stopped down to f/5.6 or f/8, it matches the very best. It even slightly outperforms Pentax's 100 mm macro lenses. The lens' colors are very neutral, the contrast is excellent, and there is no noticeable distortion. Light fall-off is barely visible wide open and non-existent when the aperture is closed down a stop or two. Bokeh is very smooth, and flare resistance is superb."

You can pick up a D-FA model for less than this one, but I believe this is a better lens in excellent condition, difficult to find, and full frame compatible. Price: 295 (inc P&P)

3. Pentax F 50mm f1.7

Very nice condition for its age, with caps, my favourite Pentax standard lens (I always keep at least one of these in the collection). Full frame compatible, cheaper than the DA 1.8 and cheaper than most Ebay B.I.N.s: Price: 139 (inc P&P)

4. Pentax AF360FGZ

Very good condition, but i've recently aquired a 540 model, so this has become surplus to requirements. Price:99 (inc P&P)

5. Pentax CS-205

Very good condition, Pentax branded cable switch for current and recent digital cameras (K5, K7, K20, K10 etc): Price 19 (inc P&P)

6. Pentax K 55mm f1.8

Good condition for its age, some slight wear on base of aperture ring, optics very good - some slight dust. Well known quality lens, getting more difficult to find and of course full frame compatible. Price: 59 (inc P&P)

7. Pentax FA 28-80 f3.5-4.7

Good condition for its age, some marks on the barrel, but optics pretty good. This is the powerzoom model, it doesn't rate particularly well on the other forum, but I find it a reasonable performer. Price: 29 (inc P&P)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Postage will be RMSD on the more expensive items (over 100) and 1st Class Signed For on the cheaper items (under 100). Buy more than one item and the postage will be reduced a bit

UK Only, Bank Transfer, Cheque (cleared), Postal Order or Cash on collection, Inspection Welcome.
LennyBloke

RalphHardwick

Link Posted 14/02/2013 - 12:17
PM sent re: flash
---------------------------------------------------------------------
CaptureLight Ltd
flickr
"I carry a camera to capture memories and the occasional photograph worthy of sharing"

Blincodave

Link Posted 14/02/2013 - 12:55
PM for CS-205

Blincodave

Link Posted 14/02/2013 - 13:19
Payment made for CS-205

simonkit

Link Posted 14/02/2013 - 21:32
PM sent ref Pentax F 50mm f1.7

Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com

My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk

Find me on Google+ link

LennyBloke

Link Posted 14/02/2013 - 22:16
CS-205 sold

360FGZ Flash reserved

Pentax F 50mm 1.7 reserved

LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 15/02/2013 - 13:25
Flash and CS-205 posted
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 16/02/2013 - 16:31
Here are some photos of the lenses, and a few taken with the lenses...

Firstly the FA43mm Limited

Taken with it:

Crop at f1.9

at f5.6

at f1.9

Now the K55mm f1.8

Taken with it:
f1.8

at f4

at f5.6

and a crop of the above

Now the FA 28-80 f3.5-4.7

This shot shows some marks on the barrel, not sure if the powerzoom switch hasn't been glued on at some point in the distant past.

Taken with it, these are probably the most suprising shots - this lens has a poor reputation on some reviews, but the photos I've taken today (particularly at maximum aperture) don't support those views:
f3.5 at 28mm

f4.5 at 28mm

f4.5 at 80mm (supposed to be 4.7 but the camera records 4.5)

f4.5 at 80mm

Now the F50mm 1.7

Tis one shows a small coating mark at the very edge..

Taken with it:

f1.7

f4

Jpegs from the camera with minimal PP (no sharpening) - All the shots of the lenses were taken with the FA50mm f2.8 Macro
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 16/02/2013 - 18:15
F series 50mm 1.7 sold
LennyBloke

RalphHardwick

Link Posted 16/02/2013 - 20:29
Just to add that I have bought the advertised flash from LennyBloke and it arrived this morning.
It is in excellent condition.
I can certainly recommend him as someone to do business with.
Cheers
Ralph
---------------------------------------------------------------------
CaptureLight Ltd
flickr
"I carry a camera to capture memories and the occasional photograph worthy of sharing"

LennyBloke

Link Posted 18/02/2013 - 15:12
Thanks for the comments Ralph - it was a pleasure to deal with you too

The FA43, FA50 Macro, FA28-80 and K55 are all still available.
LennyBloke

simonkit

Link Posted 19/02/2013 - 18:38
The F 50mm arrived today, well packaged and exactly as described, great transaction,

Thanks
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com

My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk

Find me on Google+ link

LennyBloke

Link Posted 19/02/2013 - 19:11
Thanks Simon - enjoy using it
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 24/02/2013 - 16:09
All remaining lenses withdrawn from sale
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.