Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

FS: Pentax FA 80-320mm lens

Mike_L_76
Posted 19/07/2011 - 16:19 Link
This lens has been very good to me but I've recently acquired a Sigma 150-500 which I am equally happy with so I am looking to free up some space in the kit bag.

Lens is the black version, used but in good condition (no marks on glass, no fungus, snappy aperture blades etc.).

Seems to be a very good copy IQ wise, it gets a little soft over 300mm if not stopped down and will hunt in low light but I consider it a great way to get over 300mm in a relatively compact package.

Review

I'm asking £100, posted RMSD.

Payment by bank transfer or paypal.

Review
Mike_L_76
Posted 19/07/2011 - 16:21 Link
Some sample images from lens.

@ 300mm
Comment Image

100% crop of above

Comment Image

Comment Image
Mike_L_76
Posted 26/07/2011 - 14:23 Link
Price reduced to £80 posted in the UK or Ireland.
fatspider
Posted 26/07/2011 - 17:55 Link
Mike;

I offered my 80-320 on here a couple of times without luck (apart from silly offers) I think my last price was something like yours, anyway I decided to keep it. Then when I needed to fund my K5 it just had to go on ebay where it fetched £97 PLUS the £8 for special delivery.

You need to put it on when there are others at silly prices
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Mike_L_76
Posted 26/07/2011 - 20:12 Link
fatspider wrote:
Mike;

I offered my 80-320 on here a couple of times without luck (apart from silly offers) I think my last price was something like yours, anyway I decided to keep it. Then when I needed to fund my K5 it just had to go on ebay where it fetched £97 PLUS the £8 for special delivery.

You need to put it on when there are others at silly prices

Thanks for the tip, it's a great lens and the only reason I'm looking to sell it is because I have the Sigma now and I don't want to lug both back to Oz in September.
fatspider
Posted 26/07/2011 - 23:21 Link
Do you not think you'd get a better price for it in Oz? I sold my old Tamron macro at the same time and the bidding went crazy towards the end, and that went to a guy down under.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
melness
Posted 31/07/2011 - 18:14 Link
Will i or wont i ....... Grrrr , just bought the Kr today so on look out for some nice older glass ,i've read that this lens can be quite good if one gets a good one .Anyone tell what the focusing speed is like on this lens ?

Still asking myself the question (will be pushing my luck i think)
Thanks
Sean
fatspider
Posted 31/07/2011 - 20:16 Link
As you can see from Mikes pics the lens produces good results, it was regarded as being the best "budget" long zoom that Pentax made, though I dont know how that stacks up to later models.

As for AF, If owners are honest they will tell you the focus speed is slow and it does tend to hunt a lot.

At £80 I think its a bargain.

PS; Mike, do I get commision
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Mike_L_76
Posted 31/07/2011 - 21:32 Link
melness wrote:
Anyone tell what the focusing speed is like on this lens ?

As mentioned above, focus is not especially quick and it will hunt in low light but it's not too bad if your focus is close to the mark.

fatspider wrote:

PS; Mike, do I get commision

I'll make sure my next born's appropriately named
Edited by Mike_L_76: 31/07/2011 - 21:35
Opethian
Posted 31/07/2011 - 21:42 Link
PM sent.
fatspider
Posted 31/07/2011 - 21:50 Link
Quote:

My PPG link
My Flckr link
dougf8
Posted 31/07/2011 - 21:58 Link
fatspider wrote:
Quote:

Pentax MoneySpider Livingstone (I'm guessing the surname).

At least its not Pixie or Zowie.
Lurking is shirking.!
Mike_L_76
Posted 01/08/2011 - 22:04 Link
PM replied.

Pics of lens for those interested.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
knewmans
Posted 02/08/2011 - 09:14 Link
Mike

I can't PM you. Just joined the forum having bought a k-r yesterday. A good one of these will suit me. I live not too far from you and could collect with cash in the evening today or tomorrow if it is still available.

PM me.

Thanks
Ken Newman
knewmans
Posted 02/08/2011 - 20:59 Link
Mike
If this is still for sale and you PM me please leave an email or phone number as I can't PM until I've been a member for 30 days. I'm in Windsor on the 3rd and Staines is almost on my way home.
Thanks
Ken

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.