FS: Pentax DA 14mm f2.8

LennyBloke
Posted 08/07/2017 - 12:32 Link
I'm putting my ultra-wide (APS-C only) Pentax DA 14mm f2.8 up for sale. Since getting the K1 it gets no use as the FA20-35 has effectively taken it's place

Designed by the legendary designer Jun Hirakawa who was responsible for several of Pentax's best lenses, this lens is often over-shadowed by the later DA15, but although this lens is larger and heavier it does have the advantages of the faster maximum aperture and closer minimum focus. I sold my first one when the DA15 was released, but acquired another copy at the same time as having both versions of the DA15

It has been given some poor reviews by some users, yet others think highly of it. Although it is often compared to the DA15 (as it is only 1mm different) I think the "look" it gives is very different - sometime the results are a little disappointing, other times there are some great shots from it.

Here are a few snaps from the garden this morning - I've used the LR lens profile (I think it corrects the UW distortion nicely) and a bit of messing with shadows and highlights, but there is no sharpening on any shots.

1. use of the close focus (f8 ):
Comment Image


2. and again (f11):
Comment Image


3. the unusual 6 pointed highlight created by the 6 bladed aperture:
Comment Image


4. performance at f2.8 (sometime criticised as "soft"):
Comment Image


5. similar shot but at f6.3:
Comment Image



£349 inc P&P

UK Only, Bank Transfer, Cheque (cleared), Postal Order or Cash on collection, Inspection Welcome
LennyBloke
vejj
Posted 08/07/2017 - 13:01 Link
I'm a big fan of this lens. Oodles of character. I kept the 14mm in preference to the da15 I had. Good luck with the sale, I'm sure whoever gets to own it, will be very pleasantly surprised at how well it performs 😊
Gradually learning the art of polishing turds

K-3, K-1
Pentax 18-35, 35-80, 50, 85, 300
Tokina 70-210
LennyBloke
Posted 15/07/2017 - 11:04 Link
Reasonable offers considered....

...and i'll put some photos of the lens up when I get a minute
LennyBloke

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo