FS: Kenko AF 1.4x TELELPLUS DG converter


LennyBloke

Link Posted 03/02/2017 - 15:56
Kenko AF 1.4x TELELPLUS DG converter

Beautiful condition (Nr Mint) with caps and box - superb quality AF converter.











89 inc P&P


UK Only, Bank Transfer, Cheque (cleared), Postal Order or Cash on collection, Inspection Welcome
LennyBloke

Egret

Link Posted 04/02/2017 - 09:34
Does the Kenko support screw AF lenses only or does it have contacts to connect IF SDM lenses also?

LennyBloke

Link Posted 04/02/2017 - 09:40
Egret wrote:
Does the Kenko support screw AF lenses only or does it have contacts to connect IF SDM lenses also?

I'll test it shortly and let you know
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 04/02/2017 - 10:11
LennyBloke wrote:
Egret wrote:
Does the Kenko support screw AF lenses only or does it have contacts to connect IF SDM lenses also?

I'll test it shortly and let you know

Nope - no Pz contacts, so screw drive only - but I believe this means only SDM only lenses won't work (which there are only a few of - DA*55, DA17-70)? I stand to be corrected
LennyBloke
Last Edited by LennyBloke on 04/02/2017 - 10:16

Egret

Link Posted 04/02/2017 - 10:53
Thanks, a shame as otherwise it seems a good unit!

LennyBloke wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:
Quote:
Does the Kenko support screw AF lenses only or does it have contacts to connect IF SDM lenses also?

I'll test it shortly and let you know

Nope - no Pz contacts, so screw drive only - but I believe this means only SDM only lenses won't work (which there are only a few of - DA*55, DA17-70)? I stand to be corrected

LennyBloke

Link Posted 04/02/2017 - 11:11
Egret wrote:
Thanks, a shame as otherwise it seems a good unit!

To be totally honest (and this is not biased because I am selling this particular converter) - I have had Pz versions in the past and although they do work with SDM lenses they are quite inconsistent with focus lock. The Pentax AF 1.4x converter is (IMO) streets ahead in actual working use, optically it has the edge too - but we are of course talking about a difference in price of over 150.


LennyBloke

JAK

Link Posted 04/02/2017 - 12:40
LennyBloke wrote:
I have had Pz versions in the past and although they do work with SDM lenses they are quite inconsistent with focus lock.

Any idea why that should be?
John K

LennyBloke

Link Posted 04/02/2017 - 12:51
JAK wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:
I have had Pz versions in the past and although they do work with SDM lenses they are quite inconsistent with focus lock.

Any idea why that should be?

Nope - I know that lower light levels and slower maximum aperture lenses make them struggle more, but the fact that the Pentax is more successful (in my experience) shows it doesn't have to be an issue.

The Pz versions are more sought after as they are more flexible, but optically I suspect they are pretty much the same.

I'm sure there are other forum members with better knowledge of this
LennyBloke

michaelblue

Link Posted 04/02/2017 - 14:57
Is this a 4 or 7 element version?
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

LennyBloke

Link Posted 04/02/2017 - 15:30
It's the Multi Coated 4 element version - I don't think there is a 7 element version of the 1.4x converter (but if there is I'm sure someone on here will know)
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 05/02/2017 - 14:16
If there's any concerns over IQ then have a look at these. All taken today (Grey, Overcast) with the K1 and F*300/4.5 hand held - no sharpening....

1. f4.5:



2. f8:



3. f4.5:



4. f8:



Admittedly the F*300 is one of the best (if not the best) 300's ever made, but the TC doesn't degrade the images too much
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 11/02/2017 - 15:16
How about 79
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 01/03/2017 - 08:53
Still available
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.