FS: K20D with a sensor fault.

Pietrach

Link Posted 21/06/2013 - 13:28
Hi
Some background:
I had a K20D which developed a sensor fault. S few pixels wide spot appeared on the pictures wit 1-2 pixels wide line going through it and across majority of the frame. I noticed this on long exposure shots as it was nearly invisible on normal daylight shots. As I was doing some commercial shots at that time I dealt with this through post processing and I was fine for a while.

Because however I was concerned that this will get worst, I purchased another k20d and the faulty one became my spare body. The fault never got worst. I played with sensor mapping etc and the fault indeed changed it appearance. Whether it got better or worst it is hard to say. But it is definitely there.

So, now as I am not doing any photography work I cannot justify keeping it and I though that someone could still use it. For a fast shutter type of photography it will require only very little post processing, but for long exposures it would be a problem. It could also be converted into IR or just used for spares etc.

So, In the post above you can see some samples, and I am asking for 100 including p&p, which is roughly 60% of the price of a non-faulty camera, and only if you get a great deal.

The camera itself is in great condition with a shutter count of XX.
The only thing is that both rubber covers, for the grip at the bottom and for the flash sync are missing.
The sale includes the camera, box, pentax strap, one battery, manual. I decided not to add CDs as I would like to keep them for my main body, but if you really want it me can discuss this.

All fault samples are on my flickr in 2000x1300 resolution as Flickr does not allow me to put full res. photos. If you need full res photos just let me know.(link), with 100% crops here below:
Shutter speed 1/180sec

Shutter speed 0.3sec

Shutter speed 4sec

Pietrach

Link Posted 24/06/2013 - 08:24
Monday bump.
Make me an offer !! Try your luck, you never know.
(shutter count is around 8940)

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 24/06/2013 - 18:43
Could you post a full shot so I can tell how big the line actually is?
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

Pietrach

Link Posted 24/06/2013 - 22:36
hi some samples are on my flickr site. the resolution is still reduced to max allowable by flickr but give the general idea of the fault. tomorrow i will try to post full res. in here. if you pm me with your @ i can email you some more taken at specific f stops or shutter speeds.

Pietrach

Link Posted 24/06/2013 - 22:37
forgot to add my flickr address. flickr.com/pietrach

Pietrach

Link Posted 25/06/2013 - 08:54
Full size photographs used to create the above 100% crops can be found here: link
Use download to see them in full and inspect as you wish. If you need more photos taken just let me know.

Pietrach

Link Posted 28/06/2013 - 10:45
bump.
If I dont get any sensible offers It will go (reluctantly) on ebay early next week.

Make me an offer

Thanks

Shutt3rbug

Link Posted 04/07/2013 - 18:14
Received the K20D in great condition, and a pleasure to deal ! Many thanks!
+++END OF PAGE ++++++++

Pietrach

Link Posted 04/07/2013 - 22:44
similarly, pleasure doing business.thanks.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.