FS: Jupiter 9 85mm f2.0

LennyBloke

Link Posted 08/11/2019 - 10:47
Time to part with my Jupiter 9 85mm f2.0 - Average condition, smooth focus, good optics, lots of cosmetic "silvering", aperture blades are responsive (with some silvering and a little oil - as is the case with many of these) - it won't win any beauty contests but it's rendering and sharpness are well known.

a couple of example shots:

Bokeh in abundance...

At max aperture (look at the hairs on the end of the courgette)Ö

Price: £79 plus P&P (no offers)

UK Only, Bank Transfer, Cheque (cleared), PayPal (Gift), Postal Order or Cash on collection, Inspection Welcome

LennyBloke

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 08/11/2019 - 19:21
Stunner of a lens. Damn being skint after the 24-70mm sale.

One I took with my old one. I loved it.

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 50mm macro - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Last Edited by cardiffgareth on 08/11/2019 - 19:24

Benz3ne

Link Posted 08/11/2019 - 19:37
Iím also very sorely tempted...

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 08/11/2019 - 19:38
Benz3ne wrote:

Do it, you won't regret it! If you do and I have more funds then I'll buy it off you
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 50mm macro - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Benz3ne

Link Posted 08/11/2019 - 19:45
cardiffgareth wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:

Do it, you won't regret it! If you do and I have more funds then I'll buy it off you

Youíre as much of a minx as Mr Lenny!
Mr Lenny - Iíll drop you a pm shortly! The dogs have their agility class in quarter of an hour.

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 08/11/2019 - 20:05
Benz3ne wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:
Quote:

Youíre as much of a minx as Mr Lenny!
Mr Lenny - Iíll drop you a pm shortly! The dogs have their agility class in quarter of an hour.

Haha! It's a great lens

Top tip! Buy a cheap M42 to Pk adaptor like this one:

Then unscrew the locking clip off:

Screw it onto the lens then as is. Now you have a quick on and off Pk lens, granted it won't lock into position but the focus isn't that tough so should just stay in position.
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Benz3ne

Link Posted 08/11/2019 - 21:59
cardiffgareth wrote:

Top tip! Buy a cheap M42 to Pk adaptor like this one:

Then unscrew the locking clip off:

Screw it onto the lens then as is. Now you have a quick on and off Pk lens, granted it won't lock into position but the focus isn't that tough so should just stay in position.

Great tip! I'll have to give that a go with one of the M42 adapters I have handy here coupled to my Auto-Takumar 55mm f/2.2. Great little lens that is too!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 09/11/2019 - 14:56
Sold
LennyBloke

Benz3ne

Link Posted 12/11/2019 - 10:24
Received today, with huge thanks. As I anticipated, perfectly packaged and in stellar condition. Looking forward to taking this one out for a spin!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 12/11/2019 - 12:00
Benz3ne wrote:
Received today, with huge thanks. As I anticipated, perfectly packaged and in stellar condition. Looking forward to taking this one out for a spin!

You'll have fun experimenting with this one - it's full of character, and surprisingly sharp with the right settings Pleasure to deal with you again
LennyBloke

Benz3ne

Link Posted 12/11/2019 - 12:01
LennyBloke wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:

You'll have fun experimenting with this one - it's full of character, and surprisingly sharp with the right settings Pleasure to deal with you again

No doubt it won't be the last time!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.