Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

FS: Jessops Auto Extension Tubes PKA modified

LennyBloke
Posted 16/01/2016 - 16:18 Link
Jessops Auto Extension Tubes (PK-A) with box

I have a boxed, very good condition set of 3 Jessops Auto Extension Tubes (13mm, 21mm & 31mm) that I have modified to ensure the Aperture information is passed through making them compatible with recent DSLR's and lenses with A contacts (including FA, DA, etc.). They do not not carry auto-focus through.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Price £39

UK Only, Bank Transfer, Cheque (cleared), Postal Order or Cash on collection, Post and Packing extra, Inspection Welcome
LennyBloke
Horst
Posted 17/01/2016 - 07:03 Link
I wish you people would sell international. Its not that hard you know.

or is it only good enough to sell to the poms?

Join Paypal, and you have your money in an instant from all around the world.

I would buy them now.

Wake Up.

Regards, Horst
Edited by Horst: 17/01/2016 - 07:04
Posted 17/01/2016 - 12:58 Link
PM sent
Horst
Posted 17/01/2016 - 13:10 Link
As I said, I would have bought them instantly from you.

Please let me know, why you only sell to UK.

Regards, Horst
LennyBloke
Posted 18/01/2016 - 10:07 Link
SOLD
LennyBloke
bigyinn
Posted 19/01/2016 - 16:20 Link
Horst wrote:
As I said, I would have bought them instantly from you.

Please let me know, why you only sell to UK.

Regards, Horst

Not sure why you feel the need to question the seller or be quite so rude?
TBH selling abroad is a pain in the backside. Its not the money side of things, but the extra cost and hassle of finding a carrier. Dont start me on those buyers who pretend they've never received somnething either!
Why give yourself extra grief when you can sell to your own country all day long?
Horst
Posted 19/01/2016 - 22:07 Link
Quote:
Not sure why you feel the need to question the seller

The only way to find out what you like to know, is to as a question. That is if you actually get an answer.

Quote:
TBH selling abroad is a pain in the backside. Its not the money side of things, but the extra cost and hassle of finding a carrier.

To send a parcel under 2kg anywhere in the UK, you pack the parcel , address it, go to the post office and pay the postage, There is no difference in sending a parcel overseas. you do the same thing. The only addition is the customs form which has to be filled out. It costs you nothing extra to go to your local past office.

It took me no more tan 3 minutes to get the shipping costs for a parcel up to 500g and a value of GBP50.-
with tracking and signature. The cost is GBP12.90. I would have been happy to pay this.

try this link: link

Quote:
Don't start me on those buyers who pretend they've never received something either!

Those buyers I suppose, where all not to be trusted foreigners and the ones from the colonies are the worst.
To prevent this, you post the parcel with tracking. According to you, there are no dishonest people in the UK. Only overseas, . Again send it with" tracking and signature required".

Quote:
Why give yourself extra grief when you can sell to your own country all day long?

No comment!!!!!!

Regards, Horst
johnriley
Posted 19/01/2016 - 22:59 Link
Horst, the seller can specify whatever they want and do not have to account for it. In any event, the item is sold, so that's that as far as this one goes.
Best regards, John
Horst
Posted 19/01/2016 - 23:48 Link
Well john, i only commented on the issue after bigyin wrote his comment.

of course it is sold. But that's not the issue. i am not writing about that item specifically, but in general.

After I read the amazing comments from bigyin, where he points out how expensive for the seller???
and how hard it is to post overseas and further implied that most overseas buyers are not honest,

Anyway, Attitudes like this about foreign buyers do not do your country or your forum much good.
Maybe you should have stopped the discussion already after bigyin made his comments.

Regards, Horst
johnriley
Posted 20/01/2016 - 09:42 Link
It's not for either of us to guess, but having sold hundreds of items overseas I do have experience of it. It's not about foreign buyers, the buyers are as fine anywhere in the world as anywhere else, it's about the other risks. And there are risks, indeed some destinations where it's better not to try and send items. I would suspect that some sellers just want to avoid the whole thing and therefore only sell in the UK, which is usually easy, straightforward and hazard free. Their choice.
Best regards, John
nass
Posted 20/01/2016 - 11:02 Link
Actually Horst, "attitudes" like this are perfectly normal. They don't reflect this country or this forum in the least. It's nothing to do with a dislike of Johnny foreigner. I moderate on a huge US forum where this is also perfectly normal and accepted, for the same reason. Nobody needs to 'wake up'.

But then you've slandering Brits as "Poms", told a person to wake up and thrown out supposed anti-foreigner prejudice. Pot calling kettle black.
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!
joostdh
Posted 20/01/2016 - 11:05 Link
johnriley wrote:
Their choice.

This sums the whole discussion up for me. I understand your frustration Horst but at the end of the day it's the seller's choice. And if you want to persuade them otherwise a PM would be a wiser than a snidey post.

Disclaimer: I do not live in the UK so it affects me too.
Pentax K-1| D-FA 24-70mm | FA 43mm F1.9 Ltd | FA* 85mm F1.4 | D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR | DA* 200mm F2.8 | Pentax AF 540FGZ
scarr1
Posted 20/01/2016 - 12:07 Link
joostdh wrote:
johnriley wrote:
Their choice.

This sums the whole discussion up for me. I understand your frustration Horst but at the end of the day it's the seller's choice. And if you want to persuade them otherwise a PM would be a wiser than a snidey post.

Disclaimer: I do not live in the UK so it affects me too.

completely agree.

if a seller only wants to sell to someone with 1 wooden leg and a dog called Brian, that's their choice!!
bigyinn
Posted 20/01/2016 - 16:57 Link
Apologies if I've caused any upset, that was never my intention.
Horst
Posted 20/01/2016 - 22:24 Link
Well, that told me.

With all the talk about the problems selling to other countries, I suppose you don't buy anything on Ebay from other countries , just to be consistent.

I agree, I came on a bit harsh to LennyBloke, But we are all part of the same forum and if you don't think that the foreign members are not really to be trusted, then there is something amiss.

It is like being in a club and half the members don't trust each other.

Only members of this forum can see the selling ad's . so the worry Johnriley has: "And there are risks, indeed some destinations where it's better not to try and send items."
However he is quite happy to accept members from non UK countries.

Then Of course there was the comment by bigyinn: "TBH selling abroad is a pain in the backside. Its not the money side of things, but the extra cost and hassle of finding a carrier. Dont start me on those buyers who pretend they've never received something either!

Having looked at the Royal Mail website to find out about all the hassles mentioned to send a parcel overseas. I could really not find anything more complicated then to send an internal parcel.
Also finding a carrier can't be that hard, i am sure the next post office is in easy reach of most people.

The problem Bigyinn had with buyers that pretended never to received something send to them.
I must assume they are all from outside the UK.

Finally, i like to stress, if you sell anything within a forum, all members should have equal access to all the features and functions available.

Regards, Horst

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.