FS: FA* 85mm F1.4 [IF]

Vaards

Link Posted 19/01/2013 - 00:57
It`s time...

Some more than three years ago I was really avid glamurous girl shooter. But after marriage... Em, wife somehow didn`t liked my addiction with girls... Blonde girls, skinny girls, nude girls, dressed girls and girls, and girls... Em...

So, I decided to sell that magic bokeh lens finally!

History of my FA 85mm.
I had two of these lenses in my mortal life. This one was bought used from Japan something like mint condition. Some tiny black marks on lens hood is my fail. And it is really easy to scratch these aluminium type coatings - just leave it too close to some other plastic lens or flash or whatever. And voila - there is scratch when you walk with photo bag for some distance.

I marked visible scratches with red arrows on picture. On hood there is two visible scratches. On lens one almoust invisible scratch. Inside of lens is clean, no fungus, dust, oil or whatewer, although if one tries to look extremely carrefully at some angle there is option to see tiny dust particles.

What else?

Ou, I forgot!

These lenses are two type - this one is old style (no artificial step/ring on hood near mount to lens). My other FA 85mm was newer type... And less sharp wide open. May be sample variation, may be they removed lead glass from newer models. I don`t know. SOLD that newer lens imidiately at local advertisement site.

And I had chance to compare FA 85mm against Sigma 85mm - didn`t liked Sigma`s performance at 1.4 Bokeh was more harsh and somehow greenish/bluish. Unpleasant.

FA85mm some yuears a go was rated as the best Bokeh performer of all lenses. There was user JonasB (seems he moved from Pentax to Olympus) who made thread at DPreview.com and that was users decision. May be Pentaxians praised themselves, but... I am influenced by theses Bokeh thoughts.

====

So,about Deal:

Deal is valid for this weekend: 1350$ or equivalent by PayPal+fees or wire transfer to Nordea or Swedbank accounts. If there will be no interest - I`ll just close thread and luckilly keep lens with that big hope for fulframe of 2014...

Shipping: 20$ if registered regular postal service. UPS, FEDEX, TNT, etc - more expencive...

Security:
I would like to know some firm confidence data about purchaser (ebay ID, Facebook id, etc) all my ID`s you can find by my name what is written on pictures. I have ebay ID with name and surnaeme. And I have almost 400 positive 100% feedbacks there.

I prefer to ship to EU... Because I already paid EU taxes for lens when I bought it from Japan. It would be not so nice to send it out and then somebody will buy similar lens and pay again VAT 21% or like this.

Vaards

Link Posted 19/01/2013 - 01:03

Vaards

Link Posted 21/01/2013 - 19:06
Emm... no Interest? Even no spam?

womble

Link Posted 21/01/2013 - 19:32
I'm sure lots of us would love to own this lens, but it is serious money and times are hard. If you're not in a rush just keep bumping it to the top, someone will weaken eventually!

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Vaards

Link Posted 22/01/2013 - 18:31
womble wrote:
I'm sure lots of us would love to own this lens, but it is serious money and times are hard. If you're not in a rush just keep bumping it to the top, someone will weaken eventually!

K.

Kris, thanks for your encouraging words!
It really helped and I got three PM, although we were not able to agree for discount level.

So, I decided to makes som "UP" posts, adding some pictures from archives. For beginning something interesting.

Summer 2008, my child days friend just bought brand fresh superbike and wanted pics of it (till it is fresh), so we went to local tiny road, taking some pictures and so on. And then arrived strange car, seems from Ireland. Never saw nothing like this anymore or before. I studied all these country letters on car, seems they traveled at least through Eurasia.

All pics taken by my FA 85mm/1.4

elfer

Link Posted 22/01/2013 - 18:41
Don't know about Ireland - it's wearing plates from Victoria, Australia. Bit of a drive to reach Latvia. Wonder if they're going round the world :jealous:

Back on topic, I'd love the lens but glass like that is way beyond my budget. Have a bump on me though

Vaards

Link Posted 23/01/2013 - 23:47
elfer wrote:
Don't know about Ireland - it's wearing plates from Victoria, Australia. Bit of a drive to reach Latvia. Wonder if they're going round the world :jealous:

Back on topic, I'd love the lens but glass like that is way beyond my budget. Have a bump on me though

Ou, for sure they are from Australia! It`s even more spooky case to see on really unpopular road (Soviets made road just through the Lake. Now that Lake is National park with partly restricted status - due to bird migration route etc).

Back to topic - Fa 85mm is really demanding lens. It is producing back and front focussed images all the time. So, at 1.4 one need to shot a lot, to have just some keepers - especially for longer distances. Portraits comes out better but people at full height - it is hard task to get them sharp.

But after some months I understand much better AF, AF points, lens and shooting tecnique... Because if one pays so much for lens, then he is willing to get those damn sharp 1.4 pictures out of it. And it comes...

Bump...

Vaards

Link Posted 23/01/2013 - 23:52
Some more samples at 1.4 rather low light and "hard to get sharp samples" situations.

Both FA 85/1.4 at 1.4

Vaards

Link Posted 27/01/2013 - 20:57
Bump!
Click and see 1600 pix.

Vaards

Link Posted 07/02/2013 - 21:35
Fulframe is coming...

50$ discount BUMP

Now 1299$ + Paypal fee + shipping with insurance (~20USD around Europe).

Vaards

Link Posted 11/02/2013 - 23:42
BUMP with Full size totally unedited picture. It is not the best, not the worst from session with Linda, but it covers all problems of lens - focusing at 1.4, and there is extreme bright wite on totally black (the best for CA at f1.4), there is bokeh details closer and further away.

Feel free to study and discuss - if you have any kind of questions.

Press on image to see it`s full size:

Vaards

Link Posted 10/03/2013 - 18:49
BUMP

850 GBP + Paypal and shipping fees.

mark88

Link Posted 11/03/2013 - 12:12
Hi, I'm interested, you have pm.

Vaards

Link Posted 11/03/2013 - 21:41
PM replied with shipping calculations.

mark88

Link Posted 13/03/2013 - 11:09
I leave the queu.
Found an 85* near home in Italy so many near.

Bump for a great lens and an excellent seller!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.