FS: DA*200 immaculate

maurisimo
Posted 13/12/2012 - 21:16 Link
I find I am not using this superb lens to justify keeping it. For occasional longer range use I have a 55-300, so this is now for sale.

Cosmetically and in operation it is immaculate.

[img][IMG]http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r605/maurisimo1/DA200side.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r605/maurisimo1/DA200rarampside.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r605/maurisimo1/DA200frontelement.jpg[/IMG]

I bought the lens earlier this year from another forum member, and it has always been protected by a HOYA Super UV filter, which is included in the sale. It has the lens hood, and both original caps. No box. Lens will be very carefully packaged and posted with tracking.
Asking £550 incl postage.
Rich S
maurisimo
Posted 22/12/2012 - 13:28 Link
Week-end bump ....
Price now reduced to £495 incl RMSD ...
Payment by bank transfer or PP Gift, or +3% to cover PP fees

Low price for outstanding optics and immaculate condition!
Rich S
maurisimo
Posted 30/12/2012 - 13:19 Link
Holiday bump ... £475 delivered.
Rich S
maurisimo
Posted 02/01/2013 - 21:32 Link
No offers before this lovely lens goes onto eBay ...??
Rich S
Mike-P
Posted 02/01/2013 - 22:05 Link
Tempted to make an offer but I recently bought the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 OS.
Have had the DA* 200mm before and it's a superb lens.
maurisimo
Posted 06/01/2013 - 19:50 Link
Have now found the soft pouch for this lens - so a complete package w/out box in mint condition ... bargain!
Rich S
PIRATE
Posted 07/01/2013 - 23:31 Link
Ahoy!

Forgive my format newbie elementary question, but is the lens this one: PENTAX DA* SMC 200mm F/2.8 ED IF SDM :

If it is, then I'll be happy to negotiate to buy. Please advise. Payment by BACS or PPG.
maurisimo
Posted 07/01/2013 - 23:35 Link
Ah ... Ahoy there ...!
Indeed it is the famed PENTAX DA* SMC 200mm F/2.8 ED IF SDM
Rich S
PIRATE
Posted 07/01/2013 - 23:47 Link
maurisimo wrote:
Ah ... Ahoy there ...!
Indeed it is the famed PENTAX DA* SMC 200mm F/2.8 ED IF SDM
Ahoy Rich!

Well, my reason for asking is that I tripped over a review for this lens, and as a relative newbie to the format, I'm unfamiliar with what's good and what's not, and this prime had a very good write-up. It appears to be designed for APS-C, but I've no idea why reviews mention the 1.5x crop factor @ 300mm. I find that strange.

Are we negotiating? If so, what's the death for this lens?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo