FS - K200D with Katzeye (Optibrite), shims & mains adapter

Jonathan-Mac
Posted 11/03/2026 - 10:22 Link
I'm posting this here in case there is any interest. The equipment is with me in Madrid but I can take it over to the UK and post it when I go over in a few weeks if there's any interest, because it's sitting unused and someone might have a use for it.

My original K200D, bought new in 2008 in good condition and working except that the internal battery/capacitor which maintains the clock no longer holds a charge & I have been unable to get it to work with batteries, though to be honest I haven't tried very hard, even with Eneloops or lithium Energisers. This is normal for a lot of DSLRs of the era - the camera always thinks the batteries are flat because it's diverting power to try to charge the dead internal battery/capacitor. I have the original Mains adapter (with European plug) and with that it works perfectly.

The camera has a Katezeye split-screen with optibrite installed and shimmed to perfection - I can easily manually focus my M 50/1.4 or 85/2 wide open. Somewhere I also have the original screen and the remaining shims, which I had to source in the UK (back when that was possible).

Also comes with original grip.

Could be useful for someone who likes to manually focus with a split-screen at home, which is of course a small use-case, but it's just taking up space.

If anyone wants the grip separately I can sell that, or even the Katzeeye screen and shims and I'll put the original back in the camera. I'm not sure which other models have the same screen and would be compatible. I won't separate the camera and mains adapter though as the camera needs it.

PM me with any interest. If in the UK it has to be within two weeks so I can it over with me. If in Europe I can post from Spain so no fees for receiving goods from outside of the EU.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Edited by Jonathan-Mac: 11/03/2026 - 10:23

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo