Free OnOne Perfect Effects 8 Premium

RussV

Link Posted 23/01/2014 - 21:04
For subscribers to their emails and includes serial number. It's not the same as their other 'free' Perfect Effects. I've downloaded mine.

(sorry that should be OnOne in title)
www.russv.me.uk
Last Edited by RussV on 23/01/2014 - 21:06

richandfleur

Link Posted 23/01/2014 - 21:38
I've downloaded mine also, now I just need to work out when to use it over what I can do in Lightroom already...

These guys used to have a cool blog/inspiration series but that seems to have been removed and replaced with something a bit different.

RussV

Link Posted 24/01/2014 - 10:21
I see it as an effects short cut. It's a lot easier than doing the same thing in Paintshop Pro from scratch.

That said, a part from B&W conversions I'm not a fan obviously processed images.
www.russv.me.uk
Last Edited by RussV on 24/01/2014 - 10:23

johnriley

Link Posted 24/01/2014 - 10:59
Title amended.

JonSchick

Link Posted 27/01/2014 - 10:32
What's the view from those who've used it? Is it much different from version 7? Cheers, Jon
Jon

Some occasional random stuff at The Photographers Block: link

miles500

Link Posted 27/01/2014 - 10:47
I also received an invitation to download this for free and it works very well. I am very impressed with this software but as yet can not understand why it was offered for free. I can not comment on how it differs from previous versions but it looks to me as if it covers much of the same ground as some of the Topaz filters, except that it does it in one package.
Miles

MattMatic

Link Posted 27/01/2014 - 11:02
Thanks for the reminder!
I'd accidentally deleted my invitation
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)

richandfleur

Link Posted 28/01/2014 - 19:30
richandfleur wrote:

These guys used to have a cool blog/inspiration series

They used to have a page where you could slide across a before and after image, and then a video tutorial of what they did. I see the've moved them all to youtube only but still worth a look if you're new to the product (like me) and want some real life example tutorials.

Youtube link to these tutorials here

tyronet2000

Link Posted 31/01/2014 - 13:30
Already downloaded but not used "in anger" yet. On experimenting there are a couple of effects which I may well use.
Regards
Stan

PPG

aliengrove

Link Posted 14/02/2014 - 00:34
The great thing about this program is it uses layers, so you can vary the opacity of effects and/or use multiple effects. For a freebie, it's definitely worth having.
Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook

tyronet2000

Link Posted 14/02/2014 - 08:56
aliengrove wrote:
The great thing about this program is it uses layers, so you can vary the opacity of effects and/or use multiple effects. For a freebie, it's definitely worth having.

I certainly agree and have tried out a few of the effects. What I'm looking for now is an image worth enhancing
Regards
Stan

PPG

vic cross

Link Posted 14/02/2014 - 16:28
How? Where? do you download this? OR is it just by invite? Do you have to be a member of something?
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

tyronet2000

Link Posted 14/02/2014 - 16:33
vic cross wrote:
How? Where? do you download this? OR is it just by invite? Do you have to be a member of something?
CHEERS Vic.

I think if you subscribed to their newsletter (probably when downloading the free Perfect Effects Version 4) they sent an email with a link and a code number for Version 8 hth
Regards
Stan

PPG

dcweather

Link Posted 14/02/2014 - 21:44
I recently got it - found it great, lots to experiment with.

richandfleur

Link Posted 15/02/2014 - 03:12
It's very much like the develop module of lightroom.

I'd recommend watching some of the videos I linked to earlier above to see it in action.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.