Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal

davidstorm
Posted 04/03/2019 - 21:53 Link
Thank you everyone for your comments and observations, I must find time to go back to Fountains Abbey on my own, so I have a bit more time to think about what I'm photographing. I do feel these images are a bit 'average', but I find it hard to give a place full concentration when I'm with the other half! It's a remarkable location and made me think that Henry VIII has a lot to answer for given the state of ruin these once magnificent abbeys are now in.

Best Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Sry
Posted 04/03/2019 - 22:35 Link
Such places are lovely to visit and photograph. 4, 8 and 12 are the more interesting ones for me.
cardiffgareth
Posted 06/03/2019 - 22:03 Link
Great set as a whole but that opening image is a right belter
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Tyr
Posted 06/03/2019 - 22:14 Link
I'm especially fond of the vaulted room. I lived in Yorkshire for 4 years and never went. Didn't have a car at the time which didn't help. I'll have to go back.
DSP121
Posted 08/03/2019 - 04:11 Link
Wonderful collection, David. Looks great place to spend some quality time! Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing collection!
K10D
Posted 09/03/2019 - 12:47 Link
A cracking set David. Really well presented and very good framing.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo