foreground and background

frankwu

Link Posted 06/12/2009 - 01:13
I got these two shots in the college today. Surprise to see this flower is still blossoming, so I'd like to share with you.

I have one shot focusing on the foreground(the flower),like this

I am not sure how to improve the image, probably a better weather? But I don't know how to get the 'crystal clear' shots seen among those pro shots.

I also tried to focus on the background, adjust the temperature to give a cold feeling, like this:

What do you think of the cold color? ruined it or enhanced it or doesn't really matter?

Any C&C are welcome!
Last Edited by frankwu on 06/12/2009 - 01:17

matwhittington

Link Posted 06/12/2009 - 08:58
Hi Frank. My favorite of the two is the first - I rather like the combination of colours and the bokeh in the background sets off the sharp foreground (I might crop out a little of the white sky though?). The second shot to my mind does look cold, but also looks a bit like a picture that was a slightly different colour and has faded, and somehow the blurred plant doesn't set off the sharp building in quite the way the first shot worked.

Just my view though - I'm sure others may feel differently

Regards

Mat
Mat W

My Flickr: link

Anvh

Link Posted 06/12/2009 - 13:20
I like them both.
The blue tone in your second fits quite well, it makes it however cool though so not happy going on in their it seems.
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.