For Sale FA 50mm F1.7 (auto focus ) SOLD thanks all
Posted 01/05/2008 - 18:31
Link
Oh rats .. need a 50mm but am also drawn to a Tamron 90mm Macro.
Can't afford both atm ..... argh.
Can't afford both atm ..... argh.
Posted 01/05/2008 - 20:48
Link
Dear socky, the Tamron will be available forever, this 50mm wont be. The makes a great portrait lens on digital and breaks the magical F2 barrier which the Tamron doesn't. Must post some pics but House is on in 5 minutes, doh!
I did have a non digital auto focus Tamron 90mm macro but I didn't have it long as the amount of fringing and blooming were awfull on the DS. I assume that this will be fixed on the later version.
I did have a non digital auto focus Tamron 90mm macro but I didn't have it long as the amount of fringing and blooming were awfull on the DS. I assume that this will be fixed on the later version.
Posted 01/05/2008 - 21:22
Link
Quote:
I did have a non digital auto focus Tamron 90mm macro but I didn't have it long as the amount of fringing and blooming were awfull on the DS. I assume that this will be fixed on the later version.
I have one too, and use it on a Ds with no problems at all!
I did have a non digital auto focus Tamron 90mm macro but I didn't have it long as the amount of fringing and blooming were awfull on the DS. I assume that this will be fixed on the later version.
Posted 01/05/2008 - 21:23
Link
Quote:
Which version was it ? I had mine a week and ditched it right away.
JohnMcD wrote:
I did have a non digital auto focus Tamron 90mm macro but I didn't have it long as the amount of fringing and blooming were awfull on the DS. I assume that this will be fixed on the later version.
I have one too, and use it on a Ds with no problems at all!I did have a non digital auto focus Tamron 90mm macro but I didn't have it long as the amount of fringing and blooming were awfull on the DS. I assume that this will be fixed on the later version.
Posted 01/05/2008 - 21:33
Link
Quote:
Which version was it ? I had mine a week and ditched it right away.
Yeah, but you weren't impressed by the 31mm on your DS. Fine on my K10D, wasn't it?Which version was it ? I had mine a week and ditched it right away.
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 01/05/2008 - 22:22
Link
Quote:
Dan
Actually it was the 35mm F2 but it was the auto focus that was rubbish. It wont focus well with the 43mm Ltd either in fact 50mm lenses are the only primes it likes but as I have 3 I think one has to go. Actually it's ok with the 135mm too ( mostly ).JohnMcD wrote:
Which version was it ? I had mine a week and ditched it right away.
Yeah, but you weren't impressed by the 31mm on your DS. Fine on my K10D, wasn't it?Which version was it ? I had mine a week and ditched it right away.
Dan
But you are right the K10 was MUCH better, the only problem was that I couldn't use macro flash with the K10
I did try a K20 out last week but the exposures were all over the place on two different cameras I tried, though the auto focus was good like your K10.
Like you say though it's maybe a DS thing. The K20 didn't show any purple fringing or blooming with a lens that showed these faults up easily on both the DS and K10.
Posted 02/05/2008 - 12:03
Link
SOLD NOW THANKS
thanks to all for your interest, cheers John McD
thanks to all for your interest, cheers John McD
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


252 posts
18 years
Chelmsford
Supposed to be sharper than the 1.4 version but I can't tell on a crummy DS, maybe it would be obvious on a K20D.
You can't buy them any more and are very hard to find.
I don't need two so I'll keep my tatty old 1.4 and sell this mint condition one.
This would suit a collector if there are any out there.
£95 which includes free special delivery in the UK. Anywhere else ask about postage.
More images for those that like staring at lenses here
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/buggerdefano/For%20Sale/
If no takers I'll ebay it on Sunday for the same amount but the postage won't be free.