For Sale - Samsung D-Xenon 12-24mm f4.0

duncanM

Link Posted 05/06/2011 - 20:05
For Sale - Samsung D-Xenon 12-24mm f4.0
Superb lens in immaculate condition, with original (Samsung badged) front & rear caps & hood, plus a Pentax badged front cap &hood, and a nice (non o.e.) soft leather pouch. I am afraid that I cannot find the box however (though Iíll keep looking).
This of course is the Samsung-branded version of the highly-rated 12-24mm ultra-wide angle, which I am selling to try to repair my bank balance in the wake of my purchase earlier today of a shiny new DA15mm.
This lens is identical, apart from livery, to the Pentax DA12-24, as they apparently came off the same production line. This model is widely considered to have outstanding optical qualities and to be exceptionally strong, reliable, and well built.
This particular example has served me well. I am a zealot when it comes to taking care of my gear, and have always been very fond of this lens, so it is in very good condition and of course good working order. The body is unmarked and the glass elements are unblemished, with no sign of dust or other nasties as far as I can see on close examination. Its image quality I consider to be really outstanding : see what you think of a few family holiday snaps I took as JPEGs on a visit to Andalucia a couple of weeks ago. Some at 12mm, one at 17mm, one at 18mm. (Canít find any immediately at longer focal lengths.)
I also attach some photographs of the lens itself, some taken out of doors 2 days ago (in the nice weather) and the rest indoors in todayís less clement conditions.

These price I am looking for is a mere £425 including UK postage.

Now for my humble samples: 1-5 @12mm, 6@17mm, 7@18mm

Last Edited by duncanM on 05/06/2011 - 20:09

Pimps

Link Posted 05/06/2011 - 20:11
eu shipping ? :=)
Few lenses

duncanM

Link Posted 05/06/2011 - 20:17
I do apologize, but to be utterly frank, I'm not keen on sending it abroad, unless you are willing to take over risk as soon as I have posted it (by a formal method, such as Registered post) or you arrange for a courier to pick it up from me.
Last Edited by duncanM on 05/06/2011 - 20:18

Pimps

Link Posted 05/06/2011 - 20:30
ty for answer.
I'll think about it cause i've a k5 on my way....
Few lenses

karma mechanic

Link Posted 06/06/2011 - 11:32
Sorry to butt in... but if it helps I can confirm that Royal Mail Airsure works well for small but expensive items like lenses. I've used it several times without problems. It gives signed-for and fully-tracked delivery via air mail for £5.30 on top of the normal air mail price, and an extra £2.50 gives £500 compensation.

A 500g package like this lens should cost under £17 with £500 worth of insurance.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?mediaId=400034&catId=400033
My own website is www.richardgaddphotography.com

Also on 500px

Helpful

Kim C

Link Posted 06/06/2011 - 12:17
I can also confirm Airsure works really well. Unfortunately, you can't use Airsure to Italy It is about the only country in Europe that you can't.

Kim

karma mechanic wrote:
Sorry to butt in... but if it helps I can confirm that Royal Mail Airsure works well for small but expensive items like lenses.

Helpful

duncanM

Link Posted 06/06/2011 - 12:45
My thanks to Karma mechanic & Kim C for their interventions- it is a pity Airsure doesn't cover Italy It is a bit scary sending a valuable item like this off abroad without really being sure what would happen if it were not to arrive There must be a safe way of doing so, I'm sure

bretti_kivi

Link Posted 06/06/2011 - 12:53
pharosparcel or parcel2go, but the insurance will *not* be cheap.

Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.

Helpful

Grisha

Link Posted 06/06/2011 - 13:55
Kim C wrote:
I can also confirm Airsure works really well. Unfortunately, you can't use Airsure to Italy It is about the only country in Europe that you can't.

Kim

karma mechanic wrote:
Sorry to butt in... but if it helps I can confirm that Royal Mail Airsure works well for small but expensive items like lenses.

You don't need parcel2send for such small items when you can send by Royal Mail
Italy: Airmail small Packet+International signed for+ compensation to 500£
It's absolutely safe as airsure and no more expensive
My last item sent was the Dfa 100mm and i paid around 13£
Last Edited by Grisha on 06/06/2011 - 14:01

Helpful

Kim C

Link Posted 06/06/2011 - 16:48
There is no tracking for international signed for and getting compensation if it gets lost is a nightmare. Great if it works but not otherwise. Airsure has tracking all the way and compensation if it goes missing is quick. I learnt the hard way

Kim

Grisha wrote:
You don't need parcel2send for such small items when you can send by Royal Mail
Italy: Airmail small Packet+International signed for+ compensation to 500£
It's absolutely safe as airsure and no more expensive
My last item sent was the Dfa 100mm and i paid around 13£

Helpful

Mike-P

Link Posted 06/06/2011 - 16:49
I got compensation for international signed for .. took a while but they covered the full amount.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

Helpful

Grisha

Link Posted 06/06/2011 - 17:15
@Kim There's tracking! I've been sending dozens of parcels to Italy in several years and i can track door to door, until the UK board tracking is provided by Royal Mail and in Italy from italian post,and never lost anything

Helpful

duncanM

Link Posted 06/06/2011 - 17:19
Thanks to all of you who have taken the trouble to comment on the practicality or otherwise of sending valuable camera kit to buyers living abroad. In the light of what Mike-P and Grisha say about Royal Mail international signed-for service, and even taking into account Kim's experience, I shall be willing to sell abroad (within the EU at least, and subject to agreement about the cost involved) if the need arises.
This short part of the thread is worth keeping as a "sticky", maybe, if it can be detached for that purpose!
Last Edited by duncanM on 06/06/2011 - 17:23

Algernon

Link Posted 06/06/2011 - 17:59
Isn't Airsure just the word of the Postman that he has delivered the item?

About as reliable as taking the word of a baggage handler at a UK airport that he put
your luggage on the plane...... Honest Guv!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 06/06/2011 - 18:01

helios

Link Posted 06/06/2011 - 18:16
Grisha wrote:
@Kim There's tracking! I've been sending dozens of parcels to Italy in several years and i can track door to door, until the UK board tracking is provided by Royal Mail and in Italy from italian post,and never lost anything

You have been lucky. I had a nightmarish experience when I sold laptop to a chap in Italy on eBay. I sent it via Percelforce but at the Italian end the postal service attempted to deliver to a guy with the same name who lived in a different city. It was eventually returned to me five weeks later by which time my customer was getting agitated and had to be refunded. I have since then been reluctant to post anything to Italy.
Archie
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.