Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

For Sale - PENTAX DA 12-24 mm F4,0 ED/AL (IF)

netuser
Posted 12/01/2010 - 11:28 Link
PENTAX DA 12-24 mm F4,0 ED/AL (IF) for sale

Images from the lens

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image


Some images I took recently with the lens.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image


I don't know if it's compulsory to add a selling price or not(if so please tell me and I will add one )

Point is, I'm thinking on selling this lens because I have tooo many lens this days and some must go because I "need" a 500/4.5 so, I'm open to offers, just send me a pm.

(payment by paypal or bank transfer - I prefer bank transfer so I don't take the fees.)
Shippment available is by airsure full lens amnount, signed-for and with tracking number.
Check my feedback on the other forum please.
Mike-P
Posted 12/01/2010 - 12:47 Link
netuser wrote:

I don't know if it's compulsory to add a selling price or not(if so please tell me and I will add one)

[/b]

Not compulsory but I have found you get more interest if you do as a lot of people will not make an offer for fear of making themselves look cheap . You must have an idea of it's value?

Love the snooker table shot btw.
netuser
Posted 12/01/2010 - 12:57 Link
If you don't mind and since it's not compulsory I prefer not to give a price on the lens.
Sometimes we can be surprised by offers.
I understand if people sometimes try the luck and go on low ball prices, but I'm not selling because I need the cash, there is no need for fast money, just thinking about it if an interesting offer shows up and so I will be closer to 500/4.5.
(I have FA*24/2 that I find these days to use more )

Thanks for the "critique" on the image.
Mike-P
Posted 12/01/2010 - 13:01 Link
netuser wrote:
If you don't mind and since it's not compulsory I prefer not to give a price on the lens.

I don't mind at all, I already have a copy of the lens
CoDa
Posted 12/01/2010 - 14:49 Link
Just as an idea I looked it up (its out of my budget) Amazon link have new ones at £550.99 from British Bargains.

They have good feedback.
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)


Comment Image
netuser
Posted 24/02/2010 - 19:32 Link
Up
Edited by netuser: 24/02/2010 - 19:33
womble
Posted 24/02/2010 - 19:41 Link
Netuser... why does your link "My PPG" just link back to the current page? Very odd...

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
netuser
Posted 24/02/2010 - 19:44 Link
don't know ....

strange

My PPG is at http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/nunofonseca
mikew
Posted 24/02/2010 - 19:45 Link
Mike-P wrote:
netuser wrote:
If you don't mind and since it's not compulsory I prefer not to give a price on the lens.

I don't mind at all, I already have a copy of the lens

Well there's a surprise
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
womble
Posted 24/02/2010 - 19:48 Link
That is better. Some nice shots on your gallery. I thought I was doing well with six in...

Good luck with the sale.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
mikew
Posted 24/02/2010 - 19:54 Link
They are good shots aren't they - quite restores your faith in PPG which IMO has been sliding somewhat recently.

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
netuser
Posted 24/02/2010 - 19:56 Link
womble wrote:
That is better. Some nice shots on your gallery. I thought I was doing well with six in...

Good luck with the sale.

K.

From yours, my favourite is the "seagull sunset"
danzaman
Posted 24/02/2010 - 20:31 Link
I'm very tempted. I've been umming and erring over the Sigma 10-20mm (slightly cheaper) than the Pentax. Is the lens weather resistant? I assume from the picture quality that the lens is in good nic...minimal traces of dust...no scratches...fungus etc? Also, when did you purchase the lens? Warranty?
Thanks

Dan
netuser
Posted 24/02/2010 - 20:43 Link
I take care of my lens so like you say it's only really minimal traces of dust...no scratches...fungus etc

I got it has a late christmas gift from my wife (only lens she got me) and it was bought 20 January, 2009. So, there is still another year of EU warranty until 20 January, 2011.

Lens is working perfectly but as you know this is not a lens built to only last the two years of warranty. It will last many years.

Info about the lens can be found here
http://www.pentaximaging.com/camera-lenses/smc_PENTAX_DA_12-24mm_F4.0_ED_AL_(IF)/
danzaman
Posted 24/02/2010 - 22:44 Link
Thank you for the response, I've checked out the link and will be in touch via PM.
Cheers

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.