for my website

techno-terminator

Link Posted 26/03/2010 - 10:28
Can you manage to get a shot of one in the making ?

It could look terrific with a quill pen and various bottles of calligraphy ink in an assortment of colours
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

robbie_d

Link Posted 26/03/2010 - 10:44
technoidiot wrote:
Can you manage to get a shot of one in the making ?

It could look terrific with a quill pen and various bottles of calligraphy ink in an assortment of colours

Good idea.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.

nass

Link Posted 26/03/2010 - 11:38
Not sure if she uses a quill - when I used one for a bit I found it a pain because the nib isn't strong (and it's scratchy) and you have to keep dipping the bloody thing in the bottle - uneven ink flow yuck.

Depth of field might be an issue if you're adding objects like that especially if the quill is in someone's hand upright.
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!

techno-terminator

Link Posted 26/03/2010 - 11:57
hmmm - think you misunderstood me a bit

Try this

A card showing the beginnings of the wedding Invitation - possibly even stopped mid-word

Beside it an open bottle of ink [ pretty wee bottle please ] with a saucer to act as pen rest, with a quill pen with a wet nib on it . Near to hand a selection of little bottles of beautifully coloured inks .

That way no human needed - just a still life set up
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

bretti_kivi

Link Posted 26/03/2010 - 13:42
... glass bottles with different inks in would look fantastic lit from behind...
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.

davidtrout

Link Posted 27/03/2010 - 10:55
I always knew you were an artist Emily, it shows in your photos but your calligraphy is superb. Your work will look just great on the website but I agree with MikeW, the writing needs to be very clearly defined. I don't know if its a matter of lighting or contrast but I accept the very nature of the delicate artwork rules out harsh contrast.
david
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Last Edited by davidtrout on 27/03/2010 - 10:57
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.