For Auction: 1957 Asahi Pentax AP

hefty1

Link Posted 04/04/2011 - 19:01
I've just listed a very tidy '57 AP (in need of a shutter service) on eBay. Couldn't really offer it as a sale as I have no idea how I would've gone about pricing it, but thought there may be some on here interested in a little Pentax history (for those that don't know, the camera was the first ever to carry the Pentax name and is the grandaddy of them all - it also happens to be extremely rare).

Auction here: link

It finishes around 6.40pm next Monday (11 April) so good luck to anyone from here who fancies a bid.
Joining the Q

gartmore

Link Posted 04/04/2011 - 19:08
My, you can write a listing. Have you thought about holding seminars? If I hadn't made a major eBay purchase twice, by mistake, last week I'd bid!
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

hefty1

Link Posted 04/04/2011 - 19:16
lol @ the idea of me running seminars

If you want to have a bid and pay after next payday I'm usually quite flexible, as long as folks tell me their plans in advance.

She is a beauty, but I bought a K2 and 50/1.2 at the same auction so they're my new toys for playing with...
Joining the Q

womble

Link Posted 04/04/2011 - 23:12
~starts counting his pennies and raiding the the next door kid's piggy bank...~
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

hefty1

Link Posted 05/04/2011 - 00:15
Never mind his piggy bank - explain to his parents he doesn't need a college fund...
Joining the Q
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.