For Auction - Takumar 58mm f/2 - super rare

hefty1

Link Posted 25/10/2010 - 20:12
Yes I'm finally letting go of the Takumar 58/2

As much as I've enjoyed being its keeper this year it doesn't get enough use and I'm a user, not a collector. Full details of the lens and some pictures can be found on the eBay listing:

CLICK HERE

This is the only example of this lens I'm aware of with a dual focus scale. Those with single focus scales can probably be counted on the fingers of your hands which makes this the rarest of all rare beasts (OK, the mythical 35/1.4 might just pip it to the title but there's not much in it).

The auction started an hour ago and at 99p with no reserve. Due to the clocks going back next weekend I reckon the end time should be around 6pm GMT on Monday 1st November - just in time for payday and a chance for you to treat yourself to an early xmas present!

Good luck to anyone who fancies a bid - it'd be nice to see it stay within the forum somewhere...
Joining the Q

Anvh

Link Posted 25/10/2010 - 20:17
Lovely photos Hefty, must be quite a hard decision to sell this rare beauty.
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

davex

Link Posted 25/10/2010 - 20:33
After reading the fantastic listing, then seeing this;

Quote:
just in time for payday and a chance for you to treat yourself to an early xmas present

It is confirmed, Hefty1, ebay seller extraordinaire.

Davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

Reuben0

Link Posted 25/10/2010 - 21:33
Fabulous listing Hefty.

It must have taken you many hours to track down all those filters and caps. I know from my own experience how hard that would have been

The lens would look great on my AP, but I'm sure it will go for more than I can afford...

BTW, I'm pretty sure you have the correct rear cap.

Cheers,
R

hefty1

Link Posted 25/10/2010 - 22:40
The decision was very hard but it seems a waste for me to hoard it when someone else could get good use from it.

Reuben0 wrote:
Fabulous listing Hefty.

It must have taken you many hours to track down all those filters and caps. I know from my own experience how hard that would have been

The lens would look great on my AP, but I'm sure it will go for more than I can afford...

BTW, I'm pretty sure you have the correct rear cap.

Cheers,
R

I never did manage to find that silver AOCO cap though - it just eluded me to the bitter end.

As for going for more than you can afford it may not be so - plenty are looking but only one person has had a bid so far. G'wan - you know it'd look great on your AP...
Joining the Q

hefty1

Link Posted 30/10/2010 - 13:54
Weekend bump - auction finishes Monday...
Joining the Q

hefty1

Link Posted 01/11/2010 - 09:46
Final day bump - finishes this evening at 6...
Joining the Q

Algernon

Link Posted 01/11/2010 - 10:00
You've had a lot of views and I would expect will set some sort of record for the number of snipes

It's a lens I would have been interested in but couldn't justify the price/use ratio.
I've already far too many 50-58mm's which they rarely get used
since I switched to digital a few years ago

Good Luck! I hope you get the high price this lens deserves
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

hefty1

Link Posted 01/11/2010 - 10:05
So do I! But as always with auctions I'm prepared for the bidding to stop at any time - it could yet go for under £100...

I think it'll probably go to a collector rather than a user - I bet there's a 1957 AP out there somewhere just waiting for it.
Joining the Q

womble

Link Posted 01/11/2010 - 18:05
Well I was tempted to bid but I would not have bid that much! Nice sale, hefty, I hope you're pleased? Should make a good contribution to the 6x7 fund?

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

hefty1

Link Posted 01/11/2010 - 19:10
As I just said to one of my mates, it was less than I'd hoped for but more than I thought it'd fetch...

It certainly does top up the 6x7 fund - I'm stood just shy of £800 to go towards one now but I'm holding out for a nice example. There's no rush as it won't get used that much over the winter anyway.

Thanks to anyone who bid - I don't know if the winner is a forum member but the lens is staying in the UK which I admit suprised me a bit, but in a good way.
Joining the Q
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.