Focussing problem with Penatx Optio SV
Posted 21/05/2005 - 12:30
Link
Digital cameras ere getting much better in this respect, but there can be a shutter delay that takes a little getting used to. The best method IMHO is to allow the camera to focus, hold the half pressure on the relase button and then finally release the shutter. Most of the delay seems to be on the autofocusing part of the process, the actual shutter release being quite good. In dull light the autofocus will take longer to lock on and this won't help either.
I think we might have to live with the effect, but, as I said, it is getting better.
I think we might have to live with the effect, but, as I said, it is getting better.
Best regards, John
Posted 21/05/2005 - 21:20
Link
I agree with John - get an autofocus lock and hold your finger half way. Then the time lag from half-press-to-shutter is much shorter.
All compact digitals have this lag - they are using the information from the CCD sensor itself to work out the focus. This takes quite a while. Digital SLRs, on the other hand, have more traditional (and expensive) separate autofocus mechanisms and are consequently more responsive.
Matt
All compact digitals have this lag - they are using the information from the CCD sensor itself to work out the focus. This takes quite a while. Digital SLRs, on the other hand, have more traditional (and expensive) separate autofocus mechanisms and are consequently more responsive.
Matt
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2277 posts
24 years