Focus Stacking
Posted 30/03/2011 - 16:32
Link
How would a K5 help Chris ??
K-7 | K10 | DA 18-135 | DA 18-250 | DA 55-300 | DFA 100 |
Posted 30/03/2011 - 16:34
Link
I'd think - K5 can use higher ISO therefore faster shutter speed
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!
Posted 30/03/2011 - 16:42
Link
nass wrote:
I'd think - K5 can use higher ISO therefore faster shutter speed
and poorer quality final image ??
I'd think - K5 can use higher ISO therefore faster shutter speed
K-7 | K10 | DA 18-135 | DA 18-250 | DA 55-300 | DFA 100 |
Posted 30/03/2011 - 16:58
Link
Cisco wrote:
It wasn't an entirely serious suggestion. I was alluding to the much better IQ at higher ISOs than I get from my K20D. I almost never use the K20D over 400, and prefer to keep it to 200 if at all possible.nass wrote:
I'd think - K5 can use higher ISO therefore faster shutter speed
and poorer quality final image ?? I'd think - K5 can use higher ISO therefore faster shutter speed
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 30/03/2011 - 17:01
Link
womble wrote:
K.
Actually, if I really wanted excellent IQ and consistent focus as in the example image I would use my Horseman and utilise camera movements/Scheimpflug to achieve that in one shot. Cisco wrote:
It wasn't an entirely serious suggestion. I was alluding to the much better IQ at higher ISOs than I get from my K20D. I almost never use the K20D over 400, and prefer to keep it to 200 if at all possible.nass wrote:
I'd think - K5 can use higher ISO therefore faster shutter speed
and poorer quality final image ?? I'd think - K5 can use higher ISO therefore faster shutter speed
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 07/10/2011 - 00:12
Link
Of course the wind still causes a problem with any multiple shot combining technique, the leaves and flowers end up in different places!
Bob
Posted 08/10/2011 - 17:59
Link
Quote:
cardiff_gareth wrote:
One thing with photo stacking, I've sometimes wondered why, as when shooting a non macro scene, like the flower shot, then would a uber small aperture produce a simular result?
I've been advised by a few people now that small apertures are prone to defraction problems and can be more blurred than those shot at wider ones.cardiff_gareth wrote:
One thing with photo stacking, I've sometimes wondered why, as when shooting a non macro scene, like the flower shot, then would a uber small aperture produce a simular result?
regards
Bernard
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


7676 posts
18 years
Hertfordshire,
mostly.
One thing with photo stacking, I've sometimes wondered why, as when shooting a non macro scene, like the flower shot, then would a uber small aperture produce a simular result?
K.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.