Flash Exposure Comp Not Working (K5)

Posted 11/01/2012 - 16:58 Link
I seem to have found yet another problem with my K5 today.

Tomorrow I am doing a portrait where I need a catch light in the eyes of the model even though her face will be in the shade.

I was doing a test just now sat in my kitchen and set my flash compensation to -2.0 and took a shot, I then set it to 0 and then to +1, all the shots were identically exposed.

The camera was on manual mode at F7.1, 160th second and ISO 80.

Just in case I was going around the bend I did the same with my GX20 and it worked as it should.

Can anyone with a K5 please do this test for me to see if it's just mine or a common fault? If this is yet another fault on the K5 and not some daft user error it's going back for a refund.
Posted 11/01/2012 - 16:59 Link
This was using the pop up flash by the way.
snappychappy
Posted 11/01/2012 - 17:46 Link
Have just replicated the settings you used and my K5 shows a distinction between exposures as you would expect. I would say your K5 is at fault.
Posted 11/01/2012 - 17:52 Link
Thank you.
Mike-P
Posted 11/01/2012 - 20:58 Link
Just tried mine and it exposed as expected.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo