Flash *istD

Chris24

Link Posted 04/11/2003 - 00:09
I have just purchased an *istD and well pleased. I have a Cobra 750AF dedicated flash which I have used on with my Z50P. Is it possible to use it on the istD

MattMatic

Link Posted 05/11/2003 - 09:36
Chris,

Well there's a question
The *istD has both the Pentax hot shoe and a built in PC connector. So, at the very worst you can sync to the PC connector using readily available leads and use the Cobra in auto mode.

From the documentation, Pentax always take the line that connecting other units could be damaging to the camera. But then they probably said that in the Z50P manual too.

Technically though, there's no reason why a flash designed for Pentax cameras in general won't work.

However, what I will say is that after owning a Cobra gun for a while, then buying the AF360FGZ for my Z1 I was astounded at the difference in quality - both in terms of build and results. Not that I have anything against Cobra - they were a very helpful company to deal with. Now with the *istD the AF360 is fantastic (especially the wireless flash and P-TTL mode).

You might want to give Cobra a call:
Quote:

5 Capstan Centre
Thurrock Park Way
Tilbury
Essex
RM18 7HH

01375 840 540 / enquiries@cobraeurope.co.uk

To sum up, your Cobra will almost certainly work with the *istD, but at the end of the day it's your risk

Hope that helps,
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.