Fishing boat [img]

Prieni
Posted 29/03/2007 - 19:45 Link
This is one of the first shots in daylight that I did with my Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro. It's shot at f4.5 and 85 mm. Some people say it is too soft, can't really say that on this shot (but then, it's on the short end):
Comment Image
Ammonyte
Posted 29/03/2007 - 19:49 Link
Nice colours and textures. I have the same lens, but can't say I've noticed any particular softness.
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html
Mike Pearson
Posted 29/03/2007 - 21:05 Link
I also have the same lens which I use a lot - no problems. Your picture looks fine.

Mike
Mongoose
Posted 29/03/2007 - 23:19 Link
certainly looks sharp to me at this size, probably not the equal of an 85mm prime but then neither is the price!

All I've ever heard is that the Sigma 70-300 APO is very good value. I have a Zeiss Jena branded 70-300 which as far as I can make out is an early version of this lens and it is comparable to my Pentax SMC 80-320 if not slightly sharper. I use the Pentax mostly because it has better colours, flare resistance and AF speed.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo