First time poster! - York 2011
Posted 21/03/2011 - 20:56
Link
I'm pleased to see a photo of Cliffords Tower ,for many years myself and a group of dedicated artists and pyrotechnicions performed a november the 5th show at this venue ...ah happy days ... Jeff
Posted 22/03/2011 - 03:34
Link
Good effort, I like the 1st and 3rd, 1st would have probably benefited with some fill flash to bring out more facial detail. With the B&W to me it just lacks overall detail.
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Posted 22/03/2011 - 08:59
Link
1 and 3 are great, well done.
Also, Clifford's Castle?! I'll have to visit.
Also, Clifford's Castle?! I'll have to visit.
Posted 22/03/2011 - 13:33
Link
Definitely a good first set!! All three are decent photos. The 2nd one didn't get much love but I quite like it. I've tried to photograph morris dancers before and it's a nightmare, always too many bystanders! You've got a nice angle though, and some great dynamic poses there. It is quite dark though! Hope you don't mind, I had a tinker with it (just increased the brightness and adjusted the curves). I cut off the right side guy as I think he was too close to the edge of the frame.
[IMG]http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/thoughton/MorrisDancers-York.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/thoughton/MorrisDancers-York.jpg[/IMG]
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 22/03/2011 - 16:53
Link
I like purple man. I would have lightened his face a bit though
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 22/03/2011 - 18:05
Link
thoughton wrote:
Definitely a good first set!! All three are decent photos. The 2nd one didn't get much love but I quite like it. I've tried to photograph morris dancers before and it's a nightmare, always too many bystanders! You've got a nice angle though, and some great dynamic poses there. It is quite dark though! Hope you don't mind, I had a tinker with it (just increased the brightness and adjusted the curves). I cut off the right side guy as I think he was too close to the edge of the frame.
[IMG]http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/thoughton/MorrisDancers-York.jpg[/IMG]
Much better PP, but I think the removal of the right guy has lost some of the vibe and atmosphere of the scene. Original composition was much better IMHO
Definitely a good first set!! All three are decent photos. The 2nd one didn't get much love but I quite like it. I've tried to photograph morris dancers before and it's a nightmare, always too many bystanders! You've got a nice angle though, and some great dynamic poses there. It is quite dark though! Hope you don't mind, I had a tinker with it (just increased the brightness and adjusted the curves). I cut off the right side guy as I think he was too close to the edge of the frame.
[IMG]http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/thoughton/MorrisDancers-York.jpg[/IMG]
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 22/03/2011 - 19:19
Link
Good set, like the purple man shot, although the brighter background lets it down as said, a lighter face me thinks.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


7 posts
15 years
All taken with my Kx; smc DAL 18-55mm or smc DAL 50-200mm lens
#1 Purple Man - Cropped - no other pp
ISO 200; 95mm; f4.5; 1/350
[IMG]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/spursfan987/York%202011/Purpleman-york.jpg[/IMG]
#2 Morris Dancers - Changed to B&W
ISO 560; 28mm; f8; 1/350
[IMG]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/spursfan987/York%202011/MorrisDancers-York.jpg[/IMG]
#3 Clifford's Castle - +1.0 exposure in lightroom
ISO 560; 18mm; f9.5; 1/1500
[IMG]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/spursfan987/York%202011/CliffordHill-York.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks in advance!