First test with Topaz B&W Effects
Posted 03/09/2011 - 01:53
Link
I love #1 - it has real depth
#2 and #3 are nice abtracts
Nice conversions too. Does Topaz come as a plugin for Lightroom?
#2 and #3 are nice abtracts
Nice conversions too. Does Topaz come as a plugin for Lightroom?
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 03/09/2011 - 07:58
Link
Thanks Smeggy!
Topaz has a plug in for both Lightroom and Aperture, Fusion Express, through which you can use all their Effects applications, including this one. It also works with PS (including Elements 6-9) and iPhoto.
Topaz has a plug in for both Lightroom and Aperture, Fusion Express, through which you can use all their Effects applications, including this one. It also works with PS (including Elements 6-9) and iPhoto.
Posted 03/09/2011 - 08:08
Link
Smeggypants wrote:
I love #1 - it has real depth
Yes, I should use more that magic lens with all its pixel dust....
I love #1 - it has real depth
Posted 03/09/2011 - 09:19
Link
Great effect, I like it very much, not sure about (No6) though.
Take care.
Take care.
Chris R.
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
Posted 03/09/2011 - 10:13
Link
You obviously started out with images that are mono, and then used Topaz to change the colour version the camera made into the mono version you visualised...
The first one has a magical feel, and I really like the composition and texture in number 4.
I've not had achance to play with the plugin much, nearly everything I've shot lately is in mono already and it doesn't do so much with those that Adjust doesn't already do. Having said that I'll be buying it at that price - I want to try the grain effects to see if I can make my IR ones less 'hard' and more 'dreamy' like my old film ones.
The first one has a magical feel, and I really like the composition and texture in number 4.
I've not had achance to play with the plugin much, nearly everything I've shot lately is in mono already and it doesn't do so much with those that Adjust doesn't already do. Having said that I'll be buying it at that price - I want to try the grain effects to see if I can make my IR ones less 'hard' and more 'dreamy' like my old film ones.
Posted 03/09/2011 - 13:27
Link
Nice, particularly that first image which is real nice. I wonder how Topaz BW compares with SilverEfex.
Posted 03/09/2011 - 19:53
Link
giofi wrote:
Thanks Smeggy!
Topaz has a plug in for both Lightroom and Aperture, Fusion Express, through which you can use all their Effects applications, including this one. It also works with PS (including Elements 6-9) and iPhoto.
Cool thanks.
Thanks Smeggy!
Topaz has a plug in for both Lightroom and Aperture, Fusion Express, through which you can use all their Effects applications, including this one. It also works with PS (including Elements 6-9) and iPhoto.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


904 posts
16 years
Espoo,
Finland
Here some examples, mostly with out of the box conversion and presets:
1
2
3
4
5
6
I think it will get a lot of use, highly recommended, and at 29,99 usd a real bargain!
Comments and critic very welcome
Pentax Photo Gallery