First Drinks - lightened and brightened
Posted 18/10/2010 - 12:03
Link
Didn't se em first time round.
Soooo, without knowing what PP has bee done, they look like optical illusions? Maybe painting by numbers? I don't know. They certainly demand attention from the viewer.
Reproduction prints? I've never seen anything with this effect before.
Mono the originals after levels/curves, sharpen and re-look?
I can't see any edge definition. The scene must have had a lot going for it.
Any one else agree or disagree with me on this?
Best regards
Soooo, without knowing what PP has bee done, they look like optical illusions? Maybe painting by numbers? I don't know. They certainly demand attention from the viewer.
Reproduction prints? I've never seen anything with this effect before.
Mono the originals after levels/curves, sharpen and re-look?
I can't see any edge definition. The scene must have had a lot going for it.
Any one else agree or disagree with me on this?
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 18/10/2010 - 14:09
Link
Sorry iBerg but these don't do anything for me Nothing wrong with your technique, it's just a boring subject! (That's my opinion, of course ) The flooded ground is interesting for a few seconds, but that's the extent of it I'm afraid.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 18/10/2010 - 14:14
Link
I-Berg the first pictures were OK,
Australian bush is an acquired tast,
I didn`t comment on them, but thought they were better than this set, maybe your monitor needs looking at again.
They are very much Hans Heysen like
Australian bush is an acquired tast,
I didn`t comment on them, but thought they were better than this set, maybe your monitor needs looking at again.
They are very much Hans Heysen like
K5iis,K7,KM, MG, Super A, MZ50.
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
http://c759846.r46.cf2.rackcdn.com/img/black_link.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
Posted 19/10/2010 - 01:12
Link
montyaus wrote:
I-Berg the first pictures were OK,
Australian bush is an acquired tast,
I'm lovin it! But getting acceptable shots of it is..er..a challenge.I-Berg the first pictures were OK,
Australian bush is an acquired tast,
i-Berg took the challenge and no doubt will triumph.
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 19/10/2010 - 05:55
Link
Sorry, They do nothing for me. No dynamics. Way over processed.
Had they been shot with a shallow depth of field so the the first tree was in focus but the rest were progressively bokehed as you get further into the distance they would have looked great.
That line of trees is a perfect line of depth to be shown and your composition on the first shot is great, but it was wrecked by it all being sharp thus destroying any sense of depth.
meant with sincere C&C
Had they been shot with a shallow depth of field so the the first tree was in focus but the rest were progressively bokehed as you get further into the distance they would have looked great.
That line of trees is a perfect line of depth to be shown and your composition on the first shot is great, but it was wrecked by it all being sharp thus destroying any sense of depth.
meant with sincere C&C
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 19/10/2010 - 06:20
Link
Thanks one and all - honest and critical appraisal is what I was after, so all good!
Having now seen on another monitor exactly what I have inflicted on you in my last few images, I do apologise. I need to splash out on a colourimeter before I get banned here
Please pretend you didn't see these , I'll lay low until I can get the calibration sorted out...
Having now seen on another monitor exactly what I have inflicted on you in my last few images, I do apologise. I need to splash out on a colourimeter before I get banned here
Please pretend you didn't see these , I'll lay low until I can get the calibration sorted out...
Posted 19/10/2010 - 10:53
Link
Thanks all again - this has given me lots more to work on. That's the sort of C&C that makes this forum so good!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3045 posts
16 years
Melbourne,
Oz
Do these now cut it?
[IMG]http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy9/i_berg/Broken%20Drought/_IGP7115-1-2R.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy9/i_berg/Broken%20Drought/_IGP7113-2R.jpg[/IMG]
C&C still welcome! (If there's something crappy about either or both of them, please tell me!)