Fiona on honeymoon!

Unlocker

Link Posted 18/03/2009 - 23:15
Well, for better or worse etc. etc. just didn't believe we would get tested as soon as we have!

As many of you will know, Fiona broke her ankle in 2 places in the middle of our honeymoon driving Route 66!

We did our best to not let it spoil the trip too much, but since then we have had to deal with catching a nasty bug on the flight, coming home to a leaking pipe that has resulted in us having to repair the ceiling in the flat downstairs, a broken boiler that left us without heating and hot water for over a week, and then to find out that Fiona will be off work for 2 months on S.S.P. and the news today that she will now have to have surgery tomorrow as things are not progressing as well as they should! Someone somewhere is definately testing us!

But in true stiff upper lip style, we thought we would have a bit of fun with some of our photos, which we hope you will enjoy!

So, here is Fiona at the Wigwam motel!

Fiona at the Meteor Crater!

Fiona at the Grand Canyon!

Fiona at Las Vegas!

No time to really do any PP on these as they are mainly for fun, but we do have loads of photos of the trip that we want to work on, and we will post some of them when things return to some kind of normality, but till then, hope you enjoy these!

Mr & Mrs Unlocker!

WebsiteBlogGearTwitterFacebook

RR

Link Posted 18/03/2009 - 23:32
Certainly testing times indeed.

Glad to see that you've not lost your sense of humour though !

Best wishes to Fiona on a speedy recovery.
My Flickr

sanderscapes

Link Posted 19/03/2009 - 06:43
Best wishes and get well soon

ttk

Link Posted 19/03/2009 - 09:57
Best wishes and get well soon.

Regards Tel & tracey(TGK)xx
Tel,

Gwyn

Link Posted 19/03/2009 - 10:09
Well you've certainly had those vows tested already .

Sorry to hear Fiona has to have an op after all. Hopefully things will start to heal quickly after that.

Best wishes to you both.

hefty1

Link Posted 19/03/2009 - 10:48
Well at least you got some interesting photos out of your misfortune - clouds and silver linings eh?

Hope she's sorted and back on her feet soon!
Joining the Q

johnriley

Link Posted 19/03/2009 - 11:44
Nice set of photos with a great sense of humour. You could put them as a set on EPZ!
Best regards, John

salixarbour

Link Posted 19/03/2009 - 12:23
What horrible bad luck! Surely, it can only get better?!

Very best wishes to Fiona.

Alan.
p.s. Is that a plaster of Paris in the Eiffel Tower photo?
Camera: K20D.
Lenses: Pentax DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM, Pentax DA* 16-50 SDM, Pentax 18-250 SMC DA, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7, Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6 DG macro.
Flash: Pentax AF360.

user_removed

Link Posted 19/03/2009 - 14:57
Best wishes to Fiona on speedy a recovery.
Last Edited by user_removed on 19/03/2009 - 14:58

GivingTree

Link Posted 19/03/2009 - 16:15
These are too funny! What memories you've made already!

My best to Fiona.
"Just put your eye to the camera and push the button-thingy."
Flickr page:
link

Roscoe

Link Posted 19/03/2009 - 21:57
Unlocker wrote:
Well, for better or worse etc. etc. just didn't believe we would get tested as soon as we have!

As many of you will know, Fiona broke her ankle in 2 places in the middle of our honeymoon driving Route 66!

We did our best to not let it spoil the trip too much, but since then we have had to deal with catching a nasty bug on the flight, coming home to a leaking pipe that has resulted in us having to repair the ceiling in the flat downstairs, a broken boiler that left us without heating and hot water for over a week, and then to find out that Fiona will be off work for 2 months on S.S.P. and the news today that she will now have to have surgery tomorrow as things are not progressing as well as they should! Someone somewhere is definately testing us!

But in true stiff upper lip style, we thought we would have a bit of fun with some of our photos, which we hope you will enjoy!

So, here is Fiona at the Wigwam motel!

Fiona at the Meteor Crater!

Fiona at the Grand Canyon!

Fiona at Las Vegas!

No time to really do any PP on these as they are mainly for fun, but we do have loads of photos of the trip that we want to work on, and we will post some of them when things return to some kind of normality, but till then, hope you enjoy these!

Mr & Mrs Unlocker!

Sorry to hear about Fiona, but are these pictures showing us that she's really put her foot in it ?
On a more serious note please give her my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Peter
Last Edited by Roscoe on 19/03/2009 - 21:58

TGK

Link Posted 19/03/2009 - 22:49
Get well soon Fiona. Let him wait on you hand and foot (no pun intended) x
Tracey
K100D Super,DA 55-300.
CS3

misiek_knm

Link Posted 19/03/2009 - 23:40
Best wishes to Fiona too; it's time for better times now. And the pictures are great
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z

Tyr

Link Posted 20/03/2009 - 20:21
I love the humour in the shots, well done Hope she recovers quickly.
Regards,
Dan

https://www.flickr.com/photos/honourabletyr/

fatspider

Link Posted 22/03/2009 - 10:32
Think of this as a blessing in disguise, most peoples honeymoons fade into a distant memory, but you wont forget yours

PS; LOVE the pics, tell Fiona she has great legs
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.