Finishing up my outdated Tri-X

Peter Elgar
Posted 20/12/2016 - 12:56 Link
I finished up the 'cut' 02/2005 batch of Kodak Tri-X today -- using my Spotmatic F again I got only 8 frames -- I thought it was a 36 exp but it was a 24 after all ! This time I tried my Home-made Microphen formula 1+1 for 11 mins as per the Massive Dev Chart BUT 10 mins would have been better as negs were slightly dense and over-developed-- here are a couple of 'Reflections' in Shenfield Common Pond.
135mm f3.5 SMC Takumar, 1/500th at f4
Comment Image
Spotmatic F 12 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

The HUGE 35mm f2 Super-Takumar, 1/500th @ f4.5
Comment Image
Spotmatic F 13 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED?
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
johnriley
Posted 20/12/2016 - 13:38 Link
I love the sharp, gritty grain of Tri-X, although latterly I used Paterson FX-39 for development. It's nice to see it still in use!
Best regards, John
Peter Elgar
Posted 20/12/2016 - 16:09 Link
I shall have to search my garage Fridge for any more Tri-X -- after the Wife did her 'Tidying-up' I can't find where various films went !
Been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED?
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 21/12/2016 - 05:51 Link
Peter Elgar wrote:
I shall have to search my garage Fridge for any more Tri-X -- after the Wife did her 'Tidying-up' I can't find where various films went !
Ha ha - seems like your wife has the same method of tidying as mine - hide everything.

I like the reflection photo.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo