Feeling a little pleased with myself

womble
Posted 19/04/2011 - 18:27 Link
One of my images was chosen as Amateur Photographer "Image of the Week" this week (issue dated 23/4/11) so I am feeling a little smug!

It was a slightly different edit of this one:

Comment Image


Please excuse my smugness!

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Mike-P
Posted 19/04/2011 - 18:28 Link
womble wrote:


Please excuse my smugness!

You are excused ... well done
fatspider
Posted 19/04/2011 - 18:33 Link
OK Mr Smug

Congrats.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Edited by fatspider: 19/04/2011 - 18:33
matwhittington
Posted 19/04/2011 - 20:40 Link
Wow Kris nice one - cool pic too

Regards
Mat W

My Flickr: link
alfpics
Posted 19/04/2011 - 21:58 Link
Indeed - you are excused - well done! Nice piccy
Andy
Andy
Smeggypants
Posted 19/04/2011 - 23:27 Link
Well done!!
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
hefty1
Posted 19/04/2011 - 23:35 Link
I'll have a look when I pick my copy up tomorrow - well done though fella
Joining the Q
K10D
Posted 20/04/2011 - 07:32 Link
Yes, congratulations and well done that man.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
petrochemist
Posted 20/04/2011 - 08:05 Link
I think the Smugness is well justified.
Well done Kris!
Mike
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.

.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
SmutjeUK
Posted 20/04/2011 - 08:27 Link
Very well done. Seen it yesterday when I picked up my copy (also I did not know then it was your picture).

I like the way they have written the appraisal and it proofs that you do not need the latest camera of the 'big two' to get a winner.
You can be proud of this without any excuse.

Again, my congratulations and very well done.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
jeffstclair
Posted 20/04/2011 - 08:44 Link
Good work , congratulations... Jeff
simonkit
Posted 20/04/2011 - 12:24 Link
Nice one !!

Simon
womble
Posted 20/04/2011 - 15:48 Link
Thanks everyone, I'm back on planet earth now.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
davidtrout
Posted 20/04/2011 - 16:12 Link
Smug!! I'd be insufferable.
Congratulations,
David
Frogfish
Posted 20/04/2011 - 17:31 Link
That'll look great on the resume Kris !

Congrats !
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo