Faces at the regatta

davidtrout
Posted 17/06/2016 - 14:21 Link
Some of us from Durham Photographic Society spent last weekend at Durham's annual regatta, an event that attracts top rowers from all over the country. Barrie Forbes has already posted some of his images, now here's some of mine.
All these were shot on the K3 with DA*200mm lens.

An eye on the starter
Comment Image


Determination
Comment Image


In pensive mood
Comment Image


Laid back
Comment Image


Look out ahead
Comment Image


Looks like rain again
Comment Image


Rowing is fun
Comment Image



Sculling with style
Comment Image
bforbes
Posted 17/06/2016 - 15:32 Link
I was happy with my K5lls and 18-135 at the regatta, until I saw these There again it could be the photographer
davidtrout
Posted 17/06/2016 - 15:58 Link
You are just being kind Barrie - I can't tell much difference between K3 and K5 or K511 pictures - or even those shot on my K30. But I must admit that DA*200mm lens is a cracker. And that doesn't help my state of mind. Not being a zoom it doesn't have the flexibility I need like a 70-200 would. I'm anguishing over the Tamron vs Pentax f2-8 70-200m and still would like to take you up on your kind offer of letting me borrow your Tamron. I couldn't justify to Irene the cost of buying the new Pentax.
Incidentally I binned a much higher proportion of my regatta pictures than I would normally do after a shoot, I had a lot that were not as sharp as I would like.
David
Edited by davidtrout: 17/06/2016 - 15:59
K10D
Posted 17/06/2016 - 20:31 Link
Close in action on the water David. Clean images with enough contrast to warrant a B&W conversion.

Comment Image


Best regards
Too far from a shore.
davidtrout
Posted 18/06/2016 - 08:56 Link
Yes, that's a good black and white conversion Gary. Thanks for your suggestion.
David
redbusa99
Posted 18/06/2016 - 11:43 Link
excellent set David, not very often you see something from the 200 but you certainly make it a lens to consider
odd lens or 2

Flickr

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo