Facebook app from Pentax
Posted 04/06/2010 - 13:04
Link
My god I've only read the first paragraph so far, don't they have proofreaders at Pentax? It's like reading the instructions of some dodgy electronic gizmo straight out of the depths of China. It hardly shows Pentax in a good light.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 04/06/2010 - 14:02
Link
any photos I've uploaded to FB end-up being horribly, horribly, munched - probably by a very extreme compression / resizing algorithm.
The actual App is a bit... erm... pointless... I could do the same with any graphics program a lot easier and quicker... but at least Pentax are attempting to relate to modern customers and it probably cost next-to-nothing to develop....
The actual App is a bit... erm... pointless... I could do the same with any graphics program a lot easier and quicker... but at least Pentax are attempting to relate to modern customers and it probably cost next-to-nothing to develop....
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...
Posted 04/06/2010 - 14:11
Link
You've reminded me that Pentax have already got a Facebook group called the Pentax fan club (or something along those lines). There was a nice story about it a while back, the guy who founded it was just a normal pentax enthusiast and he ran the group for a couple of years. Then one day at Pentax's request Facebook took the group away from him and gave control to Pentax. (this is normal for Facebook for groups with trademarked names)
The guy wrote to Pentax's PR people with screenshots showing he was formerly the owner of the group and they sent him a free (just introduced) K7 as a goodwill gesture.
The guy wrote to Pentax's PR people with screenshots showing he was formerly the owner of the group and they sent him a free (just introduced) K7 as a goodwill gesture.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 04/06/2010 - 15:39
Link
I keep adding photos of older gear to the "Official" page, just to see if anyone notices. I get the impression that they have a lot of younger users who've never even seen a 35mm camera let alone something like an original KM or KX.
A K7 is pretty cheap compared to an active user forum with the inherent marketing potential, Pentax got something of a bargain there!
A K7 is pretty cheap compared to an active user forum with the inherent marketing potential, Pentax got something of a bargain there!
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


173 posts
19 years
Worksop
Pentax have launched a Facebook app, more details here:
https://www.pentaxuser.com/news/Tell-yourself-in-photos-211
Cheers
Dan