FA Limited Pricing

alrighttheresham

Link Posted 03/04/2022 - 17:04
Guys looking to get some advice on pricing.

I am going through all my old equipment and looking to downsize. I have the three FA limited; 31, 43 and 77, all black, all MIV, all boxed with original pouches/caps.

The three lenses are in immaculate condition, they are as new.

I have no idea what the pricing is on them, looking through the forum it doesn't look like many have come up for sale recently.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Damian.

Pwynnej

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 10:14
I would suggest trying to get a quote from MPB (no-obligation) as they do now cater for Pentax users. Use the valuation as a baseline for trade-in as it's usually about 65% of what they would sell it on for. Then take the median of the offer value and sale value (approx 75-80%) and that would be an ideal private sale price.

If you were thinking about getting another lens or camera I would thoroughly recommend taking them to SRS and use as part-ex. They have been generous with me in the past.
Z-1p, K-1, P50
F50 1.7. FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. DFA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. D-FA 100 (gone now!). The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon

Mike-P

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 10:47
When looking for an idea of price I usually go onto eBay and look at sold prices for UK over the last 3 months.
. My Flickr

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 11:10
If they're in immaculate condition then their value is probably around two thirds of the price new.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

alrighttheresham

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 20:06
Thank you all, I really appreciate the comments.

@Pwynnej I submitted a quote to MPB, they offered ~40% of the best new price I could find online for each lens.

@Mike-P, thank you I wasn't aware of this filter on eBay. Very useful.

@Jonathan-Mac, looking at the sold prices suggested above by Mike-P, you're pretty much spot on.

Regards,
Damian.

Pwynnej

Link Posted 04/04/2022 - 20:32
alrighttheresham wrote:
Thank you all, I really appreciate the comments.

@Pwynnej I submitted a quote to MPB, they offered ~40% of the best new price I could find online for each lens.

@Mike-P, thank you I wasn't aware of this filter on eBay. Very useful.

@Jonathan-Mac, looking at the sold prices suggested above by Mike-P, you're pretty much spot on.

Regards,
Damian.

The offer I got for my macro from MPB is not far off the ebay completed prices. At least with MPB if they agree with your assessment of the items condition you should get no less than the agreed value. Nice man (not all the time though) collects said item and you get your money a few days later...no trips to the Post office or x amount for RMSD....as soon as DPD have collected the item it is MPBs problem to worry about.

I do see MPB have a small inventory of Pentax gear so their valuation may be somewhat wide of the mark, if they know they are going to sell several a year then their valuations might reflect that....
Z-1p, K-1, P50
F50 1.7. FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. DFA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. D-FA 100 (gone now!). The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon

Helpful

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 05/04/2022 - 11:00
Good point about MPB by Pwynnej there. A painless transaction if you feel the price is right. With e-wotsit there's the fee, the postage, the hassle plus, if the buyer changes their mind, you're on your own.
Be well, stay safe.

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.