Eyecup P

Marcus

Link Posted 06/08/2004 - 02:00
Evening everyone. Does anyone know where I can buy a Pentax Eyecup P (to fit P30, A3 etc) new in the UK? I've searched the net but only seem to come up with overpriced secondhand stuff

Thanks

Marcus

Kim C

Link Posted 06/08/2004 - 04:17
Hi Marcus,
All the viewfinder accessories from the "M" onward should fit later cameras. The only ones which will not fir are the ones for the K which are the same size as the ols M42 ones. Try looking for an eyecup M, they seem to be fairly common and will fit.. I doubt you will get a new Pentax one as they stopped suporting those cameras a while ago but you should be able to get an independant one new.

Regards
Kim

Stephen

Link Posted 06/08/2004 - 07:45
Hi Marcus,

I have always found that Camera Direct in Brighton are great for sourcing all sorts of Pentax oddments. The web site is http://www.camera-direct.com/default.asp
Stephen

Marcus

Link Posted 06/08/2004 - 23:32
Kim, will Eyecup M definitely fit a P30? Reason I ask is that looking at a US website it would seem that type P is the specific one for the P series cameras - it's a rectangular plastic fitting as opposed to the round rubber M type - see link below :

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&...

Thanks

Marcus

art

Link Posted 06/08/2004 - 23:50
Several things in response to this request. I have both P series and and M series camera, with eye cups for both.

The M series will fit the P series, a little snug but it will fit. The P series will not fit the M, in my case, due to the diopter adjuster.

The P series eye cup, has a little molded tab cast into the back to keep the eyecup secured to the camera, the M doesn't and has a problem with popping off, if brushed.

I have recently purchased both a p series and m series eyecups from my local dealer, who in turn received them from Pentax. The P series eyecup was a few dollars less money at under $10 (C$). The Pentax part number for the P series cup is "30115 Eyecup P".

Having both, my recommendation is to go with the P series cup, for the P camera, it seems to be a little better built, with the M cup a little on the flimsy side. The securing tab is also a big plus.

Marcus

Link Posted 07/08/2004 - 01:09
Thanks Art. I see the Eyecup P is actually listed in the "price list" of this website at 7.99! I've emailed Pentax to ask them where I can get hold of one

Marcus

Richard Grant

Link Posted 05/09/2004 - 11:29
Hi,

I've lost the eyecup for my MZ-S, due, of course, to the poor way it's attached without locking. Is the eyecup REALLY necessary or is it a luxury? In days of yore, an eyecup was essential to prevent light spillage onto the meter sensors in the pentaprism housing. Is this still the case, or is the MZ-S immune to this?
Richard Grant - sometime Toothsmith [br] e-mail: richard@richardgrant.org [br]
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.