Eye correction

Nellie

Link Posted 09/01/2007 - 20:46
Can anyone tell me where i can get an eye correction glass (-1) for an ME super and a K1000? I have tried everywhere but they have not been made for years, apparently. Can anyone help?

johnriley

Link Posted 09/01/2007 - 21:39
Diopter Correction Lens Adapter M is still a current Pentax item and is available in values from -5 to +3. These are listed in the instruction book for the new K10D, and you can't get much more recent than that.

Your Pentax dealer should be able to order these for you. It's also worth doing a search on eBay.
Best regards, John

Nellie

Link Posted 09/01/2007 - 22:31
Thanks John....will this fit on to the old K1000 / ME super SLR's though? When I asked at Camera exchange, they didn't suggest your solution and told me I would have to focus thro specs as there wqas nothing available any longer in terms of the clip on correction pieces they used to do.

johnriley

Link Posted 09/01/2007 - 23:12
These are the correction lenses that clip on the eyepiece, and the fitting is still the same after all this time. So they will fit both your cameras fine.
Best regards, John

Nellie

Link Posted 10/01/2007 - 07:46
Good news then...thanks John. I rang a pentax repair place advertised in AP but they said they had stopped making them years ago and that the only thing I could do was to stick a piece of glass over the top. So if you're right, I'm dead chuffed. Thank you.

Mongoose

Link Posted 10/01/2007 - 16:47
the fitting is indeed still the same, the K10D comes with a cover piece to prevent extra light messing up the metering on tripod mounted exposures, and it slots straight onto my K1000's eyepiece no problem at all.

If they still make Diopters at all, they will fit your K1000.

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 10/01/2007 - 17:16
The Intro2020 pricelist lists "PEN SMC CORREC LENS M" in -5 to +3 strengths, retail price of £9.40, so a Pentax dealer should at least be able to enquire with them as to whether they have stock of them. The Pentax part number for the -1 strength one is 30735, the Intro2020 part number is 21565.

Where abouts are you? Someone might be able to point you in the direction of a good shop.

Dan

Nellie

Link Posted 10/01/2007 - 19:26
Thanks Dan....aren't people helpful on this site? I've gone all retro and have started using again, with much joy, my old K1000 (best camera ever) and an ME super I bought on e bay. I need the eye correction for focusing, which was why I abandoned my manual camera in the first place. Also, can you advise me about best 50mm lens..I.4? They seem pretty rare on ebay at the moment. There's loads more things I would like to ask too. OK, so I'm in Leamington Spa...where's my best bet? Thanks

johnriley

Link Posted 10/01/2007 - 19:36
Just a thought - when I am using these old cameras with their -1 doptre eyepieces I use my computer screen glasses (aka reading glasses) which are perfect to focus with.

The viewfinder image is around 1 metre distant optically, so if you can focus on that distance then you will have no problems.
Best regards, John

Mongoose

Link Posted 10/01/2007 - 22:36
Nellie wrote:
Thanks Dan....aren't people helpful on this site? I've gone all retro and have started using again, with much joy, my old K1000 (best camera ever) and an ME super I bought on e bay. I need the eye correction for focusing, which was why I abandoned my manual camera in the first place. Also, can you advise me about best 50mm lens..I.4? They seem pretty rare on ebay at the moment. There's loads more things I would like to ask too. OK, so I'm in Leamington Spa...where's my best bet? Thanks

The Pentax 50mm lenses are all gems. Since you are going to be using it with a K1000 or ME Super, I'd go for an M series 50mm as they tend to be cheaper. Unless you really need the speed I'd also go with the F1.7 which is a superb lens. My A series F1.7 cost me £30 on ebay. The F2 version is also an unsung hero, can be picked up for £10 or so and stopped down a bit you wont tell it from Zeiss glass (I know, I've got some!)

bforbes

Link Posted 08/07/2009 - 00:40
Does anyone know if you can fit a perscription lens into one of these:-link

I ask as I have astigmatism that tilts verticals a few degrees clockwise. I find it very difficult to see through the viewfinder using the right area of my glasses, so end up looking over the top of them. Iím wondering if itís why I end up having to straighten a lot on images. Anyone have a similar problem?
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

johnriley

Link Posted 08/07/2009 - 09:01
You can have a prescription lens fitted, yes. I think an empty frame was supplied for that, but I would presume that the exisiting lens can be removed easily enough.

Why not try eBay for a lower cost one? What are Pentax User charging for these? The privce in your link just seems a little higher than you need to pay.
Best regards, John

JohnMcD

Link Posted 08/07/2009 - 12:36
Dear Nellie you could do what I did and buy an LX. The standard viewfinder that comes with it the FA1 has diopter adjustment from zero to -1.5 as far as I can remember. There is also an FA1W finder that does about -3 to plus 1 I think. I have both but as my eyes aren't as bad as I thought I might get rid of the FA1W.

bforbes

Link Posted 08/07/2009 - 13:57
JohnMcD wrote:
Dear Nellie you could do what I did and buy an LX. The standard viewfinder that comes with it the FA1 has diopter adjustment from zero to -1.5 as far as I can remember. There is also an FA1W finder that does about -3 to plus 1 I think. I have both but as my eyes aren't as bad as I thought I might get rid of the FA1W.

I think Nellie may have "packed her trunk" since 2007
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

JohnMcD

Link Posted 08/07/2009 - 14:34
oh bugger. How did I pick up on that one then ? doh.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.