Exposure meters

gartmore
Posted 17/03/2009 - 16:50 Link
golfdiesel wrote:
The only thing with exposuremeters is that you have to work the other way around.
You select the exposure time and it gives you the correct f-number to use.

I want to set the f-number and let the exposuremeter give me the exposure time...
??? I take it you haven't used one then? The old ones have two usually concentric scales with exposure times ranged against f numbers - you read one off against the other. Modern ones are digital and if you set the exposure time they tell you the f-stop. They also, often, have the facility to store a number of readings and then average them out
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
shim
Posted 17/03/2009 - 17:00 Link
The Gossen Sixtomat Digital is just like a camera, you can set either aperture priority or shutter priority and it gives you a straight reading of the other. Just one button to press to turn the meter on and take the reading, it switches itself off after about 5 mins. I use one because it's quicker than the camera, which I normally use in manual mode.

shim
Edited by shim: 17/03/2009 - 17:01

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo