Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Exif data NA on TAv mode???

almierau
Posted 01/06/2008 - 15:07 Link
I recently shot some images with my K10d in the TAv mode and was surprised to find out that PS Elements, PSP x, Silpix, and some other exif readers I have on hand showed the exposure as "UNKNOWN".

Is there any exif reader that will read every setting perhaps?

Thanks.
chirpy
Posted 01/06/2008 - 15:23 Link
Try PhotoME, if you haven't already:
http://www.photome.de/
stevejcoe
Posted 01/06/2008 - 16:34 Link
I have also experienced missing EXIF data.

I first noticed this when with my FA 50. Silkypix recognises that the lens is 50mm but not that it is a FA 50, it also occurs on occasion with my FA35.

Photome and other software I have, correctly reported the lens data.

I have not carried out any controlled tests, so I don't know if this is a camera mode issue or FA lens related

Steve
almierau
Posted 01/06/2008 - 18:34 Link
Ah, good point on the FA,,,,I just purchased a 12-24mm Pentax lens and will give that a try. Perhaps with all the new modes coming out the exif reader code writers can't keep up.;

Will report back.

al

stevejcoe wrote:
I have also experienced missing EXIF data.

I first noticed this when with my FA 50. Silkypix recognises that the lens is 50mm but not that it is a FA 50, it also occurs on occasion with my FA35.

Photome an other software I have correctly reported the lens data.

I have not carried out any controlled tests, so I don't know if this is a camera mode issue or FA lens related

Steve

almierau
Posted 01/06/2008 - 18:39 Link
same issue, "program undefined" on the images shot using TAv mode.
I do like that photome software however and can see making use of it. Thanks for the url.

I'm heading out in the back yard right now and will shoot all the programs, using a Pentax Lens, and see what happens. Perhaps SV and TV are also "undefined"

chirpy wrote:
Try PhotoME, if you haven't already:
http://www.photome.de/

almierau
Posted 01/06/2008 - 18:55 Link
Ok folks, shot an image in each program mode using a new Pentax 12-24mm lens. PhotoMe shows every program used correctly, including manual.
Exif reader still bombs on Sv modes etc, so will dump that software. PShop Elements also just reports the standard ones, and for some reason my PSP x is bombing out, so will have to uninstall and re install.

So with PhotoMe it clearly is a lens issue as well, good thing to know.

Al

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.