Excellent 64GB SD card offer

fritzthedog

Link Posted 12/08/2015 - 15:12
In case anybody is interested - 7 day shop are currently offering a 64gb Toshiba class 10 SDXC card
for an amazing 12.49 including delivery.

link

PS - apologies for the typo in the heading - realised as soon as I posted but can not change it

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Last Edited by fritzthedog on 12/08/2015 - 15:14

johnriley

Link Posted 12/08/2015 - 15:38
Title corrected.

AndrewA

Link Posted 12/08/2015 - 16:48
That is a bargain!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

vic cross

Link Posted 12/08/2015 - 17:33
They'r doing their own 128 GB for the same price per GB but 50% faster @ 45Mb/sec where as the Tosh 64Gb is 30Mb/sec. I have used 7 Day Shop cards and I believe they are made by Toshiba??? No problem.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

wvbarnes

Link Posted 12/08/2015 - 18:31
Hi all,

don't go on the read rate as that's the one usually plugged. The dearer Transcend card for example has good write as well as read. https://www.7dayshop.com/delivery-inclusive-deals/transcend-64gb-sdxc-uhs-i-u3-m... Up to 95 mbits read 60 mbits write. Still a bargain at 19.99 including delivery.

Algernon

Link Posted 12/08/2015 - 18:49
If it doesn't say Toshiba on the card it's unlikely to be Toshiba. They don't make cheap cards. They have always been expensive. I've used more Toshiba's than any other make.

Note this Toshiba card is not an SDXC 7Day have it wrong

Picstop have the CORRECT Toshiba SDXC 64GB for 25

http://www.picstop.co.uk/toshiba-sdxc-uhs-1-30mbsec-class-10-card-64gb

Toshiba cards usually exceed the specified speed. I have the 16 and 32GB version of the SDHC and the 16GB does........

TOSHIBA 16GB SDHC 30MB/s USB 3.0 Reader
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 3.0.3 (C) 2007-2013 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sequential Read : 38.423 MB/s
Sequential Write : 13.443 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 35.922 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 1.242 MB/s

Test : 100 MB [H: 98.0% (28.7/29.3 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2014/06/17 16:33:04

Bit slow on the Sequential Write but most cameras are only USB 2 and slow anyway.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 12/08/2015 - 22:37
My initial reaction is that the offer is a very good one...Toshiba do make very good quality products overall.
The low price might possibly be a consequence of the accounting scandal that was revealed earlier this year...about 780M of irregularities...basically inflating sales incomes etc whilst downplaying losses. Maybe they are just selling off stock to get cash in.

The other main possibility is that generally these large capacity SD cards are now being priced more reasonably. They have until recently been extortionately priced...some still are, yet must only cost a few pence more to manufacture compared to lower capacity cards. You can only get away with 'ripping people off' for so long.

Mike_H

Link Posted 15/08/2015 - 10:20
Algernon wrote:

--

The 2 i purchased are SDXC cards.
They've just put the wrong photo on the advert.

wvbarnes

Link Posted 15/08/2015 - 11:33
That makes sense as HC allow up to 32gb storage, XC remove that limit. Is the card faster than 30 mb/s for K3 owners? PS I've ordered two before they run out. Free postage on these too.

Mike_H wrote:
Algernon wrote:

--

Last Edited by wvbarnes on 15/08/2015 - 11:41

Algernon

Link Posted 15/08/2015 - 13:37
wvbarnes wrote:
That makes sense as HC allow up to 32gb storage, XC remove that limit. Is the card faster than 30 mb/s for K3 owners? PS I've ordered two before they run out. Free postage on these too.

Mike_H wrote:
Quote:

--

Toshiba make SDHC Cards up to 64GB. There's even a photo of one in the first link..... so why say it doesn't exist?

http://www.toshiba-memory.com/cms/en/products/sd-cards/hs-professional/sdhc-high...

It was also a PRO grade card so possibly better than the SDXC unless that is also PRO grade?

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 15/08/2015 - 13:38

wvbarnes

Link Posted 15/08/2015 - 14:43
I based my assumption on what i've read online. The wrong photo does show otherwise As with the 10 standard it seems manufacturers vary how they label much as we used to have discrepancies over CD quality between CD + R and CD -R meeting the book standards.

Quote from one of the many online guides ... SDXC vs. SDHC vs. SD Card

SDXC cards are essentially a higher capacity version of the SDHC card (which itself is a higher capacity version of the original SD card). SDXC cards start at capacities of 64GB and can grow to a maximum theoretical capacity of 2TB. By contrast, SDHC cards can only store up to 32GB of data and the venerable SD card can only handle up to 2GB.

As I said I've ordered two given their amazing cheapness so we'll see how they perform.

wvbarnes

Link Posted 15/08/2015 - 23:12
HI all, I later found the official SD card association guidelines on card types which some may find of use. link

wvbarnes

Link Posted 21/08/2015 - 11:34
Hi all, My two Toshiba 64gb cards came in todays post.

They are made in Japan and are labelled 'Toshiba High Speed Professional'. They show a read speed of only 30 mb/s and only say on back of pack 'write speed lower than read speed'. I did a quick test and they seem fast enough in High to low burst modes moving very quickly through the buffer, not that I am a fan of this. This was my only real concern buying.

They are marked SDXC I on card (exactly as on door of my K3) and SDXC UHS-1 on the package which again is correct for Pentax K3's. It also says they are Premium Quality with 5 Years Warranty (their web site says this is through your selling shop as UK law.

I think the used image on 7Day shop did cause confusion. I'm very happy with them as I have plenty of room for Raw as well as Jpeg and movie for any likely circumstance. 3423 Jpegs or 1160 RAW DNG per card. No diea on video capacity as not my thing really. Hope this is useful.

Darkmunk

Link Posted 21/08/2015 - 15:08
Just to clarify Bill. You bought the 19 SDXC on your link above?
These ones?
Facebook Page
Plymouth Photographer

wvbarnes

Link Posted 21/08/2015 - 18:18
Hi, no I bought the cheaper 5 year warranted Toshiba ones at 12.95 each and am happy with them. The Transcend will be quicker read and write.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.