Evening post Sunset Sky.

Posted 26/09/2026 - 11:38 Link
Apologies for the same old shots looking over Plymouth.
I know it's just another (post) sunset, or is that blue hour? but here they are anyway, Spad didn't rate/like 'em (I wonder where he is nowadays and what he's up to?) here's a few. They are as the actual scene, however I was a bit late getting set up but managed these, PP'd in RT just to lighten up a bit on exposure.
K1 mk2 and DFA 70-210 f4 zoom.
1.
Comment Image


2.
Comment Image


3.
Comment Image


4.
Comment Image
Edited by loadoftripe: 26/09/2026 - 11:39
Lubbyman
Posted 26/09/2026 - 12:12 Link
I do like a sky doing that sort of thing. Nice . There's nothing wrong with taking "the same old shots", I've just done the same on a dog walk. There's always something different - clouds, light, an occasional nuclear sub (for you, not in my dog-walking fields). That single light across the water and its reflection in the water - would it be there on another day? Yet for me it lifts those shots above 'just another sunset'.

loadoftripe wrote:
Spad didn't rate/like 'em (I wonder where he is nowadays and what he's up to?)
He's no longer a digital Pentax person so not posting here. Last thing I saw from him was some shots of birds in another forum, perhaps that was just a mini-break from his nocturnal activities. If you wander around the Derbyshire (?) countryside after dark, you'll no doubt eventually encounter him trying to look inconspicuous with a big telescope, big camera, big tripod and van .

Steve
RAJHANS
Posted 26/09/2026 - 12:52 Link
Nice set with vibrant colours ! My favourite is the last one .
Posted 26/09/2026 - 16:40 Link
Very nice set
The first 2 for me
Adam

Flickr
Posted 26/09/2026 - 23:00 Link
As others have written, a nice set. #1 for me. As for apologies... ahem, why? Excellent work here.
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
Posted 27/09/2026 - 15:56 Link
Thanks guys for the comments, as they're good I'll submit part 2

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo