Even more flies
Posted 22/05/2019 - 04:17 - Helpful Comment
Link
Nice detail on the eyes, I like the weevil
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Posted 23/05/2019 - 21:44 - Helpful Comment
Link
I am always impressed, especially by how much depth of field you manage to get and still maintain detail without refraction.
Posted 23/05/2019 - 22:16
Link
Cheers Dan, I always or nearly always shoot at f8, I have read on some macro forums that once you start going beyond 1:1 that your effective aperture changes by an order of magnitude, but for the life of me I cant remember where or which forum it was.
As in, f8 would really be the equivalent of f64, or something.
All I know is that by f11 I no longer like the results all that much. And light becomes an issue.
Cheers
Derek
As in, f8 would really be the equivalent of f64, or something.
All I know is that by f11 I no longer like the results all that much. And light becomes an issue.
Cheers
Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 24/05/2019 - 09:22 - Helpful Comment
Link
Superb set once again. No. 5 stands out for me - eyes, face, composition. And strangely, when I scroll down on the tablet the eyes in No. 5 flicker as if they are alive - spooky!
But it makes me wonder what sort of place you live in that attracts so many flies!!
Steve
But it makes me wonder what sort of place you live in that attracts so many flies!!
Steve
Posted 24/05/2019 - 10:23
Link
Lubbyman wrote:
Superb set once again. No. 5 stands out for me - eyes, face, composition. And strangely, when I scroll down on the tablet the eyes in No. 5 flicker as if they are alive - spooky!
But it makes me wonder what sort of place you live in that attracts so many flies!!
Steve
Ha ha ha its surprising what bugs are about when you look.Superb set once again. No. 5 stands out for me - eyes, face, composition. And strangely, when I scroll down on the tablet the eyes in No. 5 flicker as if they are alive - spooky!
But it makes me wonder what sort of place you live in that attracts so many flies!!
Steve
I dont live on a dump honestly
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 26/05/2019 - 11:37 - Helpful Comment
Link
Really really good, as per... your super shallow dof concentrates attention on the eyes, singling them out as the defining feature... very clever... almost like a caricature portrait...
Best
Best
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2322 posts
13 years
Wicklow Ireland
IMGP8323ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP8326ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP8327ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP8328ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP8357ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP8258ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP8251ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP8222ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP8180ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr