Elicar 50mm 2.8 macro

imagesteve
Posted 12/01/2010 - 09:03 Link
A friend gave me an Elicar 50mm macro (manual focus) as a gift. He found it somewhere at a garage sale. This lens is frightfully sharp but it looks ancient. Can anybody give me more info....?
I will post images shortly taken with that lens!
2x K10D bodies, 2x FA 28-200 3.8-5.6, DA 18-55, A 50 F2, 50mm Macro, 360 FGZ. Still saving for the 60-250 DA* Also have a Z10 35mm and a K1000 just for fun. IF PENTAX IS THE ANSWER, WHO CARES WHAT THE QUESTION IS...!
Quote:
johnriley
Posted 12/01/2010 - 10:07 Link
From 1960s onwards I would guess, but Elicar macro lenses did have an excellent reputation. I wasn't aware of the 50mm, the 90mm being the usual one.

I would snap up one if I ever found a good one. Sadly they are quite rare and even rarer in nice condition.
Best regards, John
edumad
Posted 12/01/2010 - 11:11 Link
It is surprising what come of these lenses can do.
I got a beat Industar 61 which blew me away for its sharpness.
Sure there are sharper lens out there, but when you look at it you wouldn't expect it at all.
imagesteve
Posted 13/01/2010 - 19:08 Link
Thanx for you input! Like I said I will post photographs shortly...
2x K10D bodies, 2x FA 28-200 3.8-5.6, DA 18-55, A 50 F2, 50mm Macro, 360 FGZ. Still saving for the 60-250 DA* Also have a Z10 35mm and a K1000 just for fun. IF PENTAX IS THE ANSWER, WHO CARES WHAT THE QUESTION IS...!
Quote:

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo