Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Element 6 / blending two photos

salixarbour
Posted 20/08/2009 - 12:45 Link
Hello, all.

I feel a bit dim asking for advice about Elements 6, but I've had an extremely busy year at work (what recession), and had very little time to experiment with my nice K20 and associated equipment, and indeed, with Elements.

Basically, I would like to take several kilted figures from one photo and add them to another, the second photo having a much nicer backdrop.

On Tues 18th Aug, I attended my brother's wedding in Scotland, albeit not as the official photographer I hasten to add. Sadly, the weather was atrocious, and nearly all of the photography was done indoors. Plenty of practice using my 360 flashgun then!

I presume I need to use 'layers' to achieve the desired result, but if the members of the forum could advise on some of the finer details I would be indebted ... for life!

I may even be brave and post one or two pics to the forum!

Best wishes to all.

Alan Lowe-Jones.
Camera: K20D.
Lenses: Pentax DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM, Pentax DA* 16-50 SDM, Pentax 18-250 SMC DA, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7, Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6 DG macro.
Flash: Pentax AF360.
johnriley
Posted 20/08/2009 - 13:52 Link
I notice you're in Cheshire - if you come to the ADAPS Open Night tonight (details on www.adaps.org.uk ) then we'll actually show you how. Much easier than explaining it here!

Is that a possibility?
Best regards, John
davex
Posted 20/08/2009 - 17:12 Link
Failing JRs invitation, there is a decent tutorial in the August (119) edition of Digitalphoto magazine.

Davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link
salixarbour
Posted 21/08/2009 - 16:08 Link
John/Davex.
Thank you both. Sorry it took me some time to reply; I've only just found time to check the site again.

John, I'd really love to be able to come to the Open Night tonight, but I live down near Nantwich. Such a pity. As you know, I work not a million miles away from you, but by the time I've driven home to South Cheshire and arrived home for about 6:30pm, it wouldn't make sense to then pop out and drive all the 40 - 50 miles North back again to Atherton! A real pity.

Davex, I have a few mags from the last month, so I'll look through them to see if Digitalphoto is one of them.

Many thanks.
Alan.
Camera: K20D.
Lenses: Pentax DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM, Pentax DA* 16-50 SDM, Pentax 18-250 SMC DA, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7, Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6 DG macro.
Flash: Pentax AF360.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.