Electrically Dead ME Super

cedricd
Posted 12/11/2012 - 21:44 Link
I`ve been given an ME Super with the electrics not working. I tried new cells but still no joy.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience and wonder if it`s worth fixing. Everything else seems good and it`s very tidy.
Enjoy life
DaveHolmes
Posted 12/11/2012 - 22:02 Link
With the amount of MEsuper's availible I'd say no... Probably not worth it...
........................................................................
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/
womble
Posted 13/11/2012 - 16:54 Link
Try sanding the contacts and the battery cover (which acts as a contact). Surprisingly little corrosion from a dead battery will stop the current passing.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Hardgravity
Posted 13/11/2012 - 18:16 Link
I have a service manual for the ME-S HERE at the bottom of the page if you want to play.

Good luck.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
Edited by Hardgravity: 13/11/2012 - 18:16
cedricd
Posted 13/11/2012 - 19:31 Link
Thanks for that info gents. Dave, that`s well interesting. I e mailed Harrow Technical and they can sort it for £56. I know the history of the ME so I might bite the bullet.
Enjoy life

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo