edible or not?


gartmore

Link Posted 02/08/2010 - 16:43
Dozens of these have appeared in my garden in the past couple of days, are they poisonous? Only knowledgable relies please




Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Last Edited by gartmore on 02/08/2010 - 16:43

ISO

Link Posted 02/08/2010 - 17:30
Obviously all the people who have tried them are no longer able to respond to the Thread

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 02/08/2010 - 20:58
I would guess (albeit it an educated guess) that these are not edible, because of the remains of the veil across the cap of the toadstool (the spots), which makes me think it's an amanita, possibly a Panther Cap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_pantherina_var._pantherina

Could be wrong, but there's a good description of smell etc on that wiki page.

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...

gartmore

Link Posted 03/08/2010 - 08:36
Thanks Dan, I'll go looking for truffles instead!
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.