Eclipse Photos

Lubbyman
Posted 12/08/2026 - 22:08 Link
Maximum eclipse and people watching it from a field south of Dorchester, Dorset. K3iii + DA55-300mm, eclipse photo with ND1000 filter, live view, handheld. Just a bit of fun and what I expected - and was proved to be right - would be a sociable occasion. The light level dropped a bit but the temperature didn't drop and if you didn't know what was happening above then you'd never have guessed.

Feel free to add your own photos.

1.
Comment Image


2.
Comment Image


Steve
Posted 13/08/2026 - 09:26 Link
It was an 'interesting' light, wasn't it? Same here in Edinburgh, sitting in the park, loads of folk around just watching. Serene in a way. Your second image catches it perfectly.
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
Peter Elgar
Posted 27/08/2026 - 17:13 Link
i had a go using my Dodgy Asahi Pentax LX Mk II + SMC Pentax-A 400mm f5.6 lens on tripod and outdated ORWO NP20 film which I processed in a Home-Made 2 bath Formula -- I took OFF THE LX PENTAPRISM tghen quickly FOUND the Eclipse and SNAPPED before I got a HOLE burnt in the shutter OR my EYE !! I set 'Infinity' on the lens Manually BUT it was OUT so all were not sharp .
As the Best Bit came the SUN went DOWN behind houses opposite and trees ! Comment Image
Been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED?
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo