eBay - cheap 2x lens convertor
Posted 17/08/2021 - 11:40
Link
Turned your lens in a much sought after "soft". If I wasn't so busy laughing I'd cry
Posted 17/08/2021 - 12:29
Link
Nigelk wrote:
Turned your lens in a much sought after "soft". If I wasn't so busy laughing I'd cry
They have replied and claim that it is a manufacturing defect and will send me another one!Turned your lens in a much sought after "soft". If I wasn't so busy laughing I'd cry
No thanks, it's junk. I'll have me £10 back and end the experiment there I think!
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Posted 17/08/2021 - 19:43 - Helpful Comment
Link
"Performs" just like the house brand M42 one I bought Dixons around 1970 to fit the then very used & "semi-functional" Edixa Prismat that I got a year earlier!
Used it a very few times and then binned it!
OTOH, some years later I fixed the Prismat (I turned a cog with a missing tooth in the wind-on mechanism, around a bit so that that tooth was in a "dead" area and the wind-on then worked properly) and used that body for many years and cassettes of film
Used it a very few times and then binned it!
OTOH, some years later I fixed the Prismat (I turned a cog with a missing tooth in the wind-on mechanism, around a bit so that that tooth was in a "dead" area and the wind-on then worked properly) and used that body for many years and cassettes of film
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Posted 18/08/2021 - 00:13 - Helpful Comment
Link
There are several good ones to had off Ebay, such as the Pentax Rear Converter K T6-2X and their Rear Converter-A 2x-S. Being what they are there IS a bit of IQ loss but it is negligible with these two.
Posted 18/08/2021 - 08:41
Link
davidwozhere wrote:
There are several good ones to had off Ebay, such as the Pentax Rear Converter K T6-2X and their Rear Converter-A 2x-S. Being what they are there IS a bit of IQ loss but it is negligible with these two.
Thanks. I understand that they will not work fully with HSM or PLM lenses - or have I got that wrong?
There are several good ones to had off Ebay, such as the Pentax Rear Converter K T6-2X and their Rear Converter-A 2x-S. Being what they are there IS a bit of IQ loss but it is negligible with these two.
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Posted 18/08/2021 - 11:32 - Helpful Comment
Link
I have the Pentax Rear Converter K T6-2X sitting in my drawer, where it has sat for some years, I bought it to use on an old 300/4 Pentax. The results were awful. I have not used it since, prefer to manual focus.
Just passing thru
Posted 18/08/2021 - 13:30 - Helpful Comment
Link
I'm not saying if the adapter is any good or not, but the shake reduction still believes the focal length to be 300mm and act accordingly when it should be told it's 600mm.
The Pentax 1.4X TC is excellent and automatically adjusts the setting to allow for the change in focal length.
The Pentax 1.4X TC is excellent and automatically adjusts the setting to allow for the change in focal length.
John K
Posted 18/08/2021 - 16:38 - Helpful Comment
Link
GrumpyGrandPa wrote:
Thanks. I understand that they will not work fully with HSM or PLM lenses - or have I got that wrong?
Even the Pentax 1.4x doesn't work fully with HSM lenses. When the converter was first released it worked great with Sigma HSM lenses but a while later Pentax released a firmware upgrade on all their newer bodies which quietly included something that killed the 100% compatibility.Thanks. I understand that they will not work fully with HSM or PLM lenses - or have I got that wrong?
Sigma screw drive lenses still work well with it though.
Posted 19/08/2021 - 00:49 - Helpful Comment
Link
No, they won't work with PLM lenses - but I got the impression you wanted a 'cheap' one. The current 1.4 is a mortgage job!
Posted 19/08/2021 - 17:12
Link
davidwozhere wrote:
No, they won't work with PLM lenses - but I got the impression you wanted a 'cheap' one. The current 1.4 is a mortgage job!
TYwas a cheap experiment that was interesting for all of 55 seconds!No, they won't work with PLM lenses - but I got the impression you wanted a 'cheap' one. The current 1.4 is a mortgage job!
Didnt expect much and got even less!!!!
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


274 posts
12 years
£10 inc delivery for a 58mm adaptor that fits on the lens and gives 2x multiplication of the iimage size.
I have asked to return it - see if you think that it's a good deal to be led to ....
Can you work out which is which?
Doens't even magnify!!!!
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more