Ebay.....Good deal??
Posted 09/03/2012 - 22:31
Link
Seems like a decent deal ... you basically got the 50mm and 100-300mm for free so that can't be bad.
As for the weight of the Vivitar on the K20D, don't worry about it .. I have my A* 300mm f2.8 on the K-5 and that weighs 3 kilo (some have heavier lenses than that). As long as they are both supported correctly when taking photos there shouldn't be any problem.
As for the weight of the Vivitar on the K20D, don't worry about it .. I have my A* 300mm f2.8 on the K-5 and that weighs 3 kilo (some have heavier lenses than that). As long as they are both supported correctly when taking photos there shouldn't be any problem.
Posted 10/03/2012 - 17:54
Link
The only warning about big lenses is it's always best to keep them separate when travelling, even if they are in a bag. There's a big strain on the lens mount so a bump can rip the mount off the camera.
Posted 10/03/2012 - 22:44
Link
greynolds999 wrote:
The only warning about big lenses is it's always best to keep them separate when travelling, even if they are in a bag. There's a big strain on the lens mount so a bump can rip the mount off the camera.
Sure can, I learnt my lesson...The only warning about big lenses is it's always best to keep them separate when travelling, even if they are in a bag. There's a big strain on the lens mount so a bump can rip the mount off the camera.
link
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 11/03/2012 - 21:39
Link
Thanks for the advice chaps. I wont be leaving it attached when not in use,
it wouldnt fit in the bag still attached!
I dont think its a great lens anyway, but I'm going to give it good run before I sell it!
it wouldnt fit in the bag still attached!
I dont think its a great lens anyway, but I'm going to give it good run before I sell it!
K-5, 31 1.8 Ltd, 77 1.8 Ltd, 55-300, Tamron 17-50, and other assorted acquisitions.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


26 posts
14 years
Chichester
To cut it short, I got the lot for £41.00!! good deal I think? I have a M50 f2 but apparently the f1.7 is a much better lens?
It was like Xmas arrived early unpacking everything
The Vivitar is a heavy beast, bit worried about putting on my K20D!
M28 2.8 seems fine for now.
In future, when funds allow I would love a DA 16-50 to go with my DA 55-300,
Seems bargains can still be had on ebay what do you think?
Thanks for reading.....baby crying now!!
Regards
Mark