Early in the morning...

womble
Posted 15/03/2011 - 15:42 Link
I went out at 5am to take photos without the crowds. I cannot decide with this image if the colour version, or the "Antique Light" version is better? Or perhaps some other version...

Colour.
Comment Image


Antique Light
Comment Image


Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Gwyn
Posted 15/03/2011 - 15:50 Link
Lovely, lovely image, certainly worth getting up so early when you can produce something so beautiful.

I like both versions very much. Hard to choose between them, but I think, maybe because of the black sky, I shall opt for Antique Light this time. Tough call though.
DrOrloff
Posted 15/03/2011 - 16:13 Link
I prefer the warmth of the first shot, but would be more than happy with either. Lovely shot.
geordie01
Posted 15/03/2011 - 16:26 Link
I like the first one too but again would be pleased with both.
Blythman
Posted 15/03/2011 - 17:15 Link
I agree with Dr. O and Geordie. #1 has a richness about it, for want of a better word.
Alan


PPG
Flickr
Smeggypants
Posted 15/03/2011 - 18:43 Link
Lovely shot. Where is this?

I like both, but with a gun to my head I'd choose the 2nd.

have you tried it in B&W as well?
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
bwlchmawr
Posted 15/03/2011 - 18:48 Link
Outstanding, Kris. And I really can't decide which is more pleasing. Probably the full colour version. Then again...
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
fatspider
Posted 15/03/2011 - 19:38 Link
Is this one going into the PPG Kris?

Both superb renditions, cant decide which I like the most.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Lucian
Posted 15/03/2011 - 19:40 Link
Nice capture indeed!

For me the color version does it. I like the way the image is plit on diagonaly by the red and green cast. This is also reflected in the contrats between the redish pillars and the mysterious, almost murky, green water. The focus point for me is the woden posts.

The reason I prefer it over the antique version, is the latter looks too 1880 for me and the focus point shifted to the bridge.

Lucian
womble
Posted 15/03/2011 - 20:56 Link
Smeggypants wrote:
Lovely shot. Where is this?
The Rialto Bridge in Venice. I could have moved around and got it all in but decided that this was a more unusual viewpoint. The problem with Venice is that several billion photographs have been taken of the place making a different take on it hard to achieve!

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
fatspider
Posted 15/03/2011 - 21:12 Link
Quote:
The problem with Venice is that several billion photographs have been taken of the place making a different take on it hard to achieve
Ah but you seem to have got round that problem by going out at 5am
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
womble
Posted 16/03/2011 - 09:20 Link
Opinion seems fairly divided between the two versions. I decided to enter the Antique Light one to the PPG. Thanks everyone for the comments.

Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
aliengrove
Posted 17/03/2011 - 12:24 Link
Beautiful shot! I prefer the first version.
davidtrout
Posted 17/03/2011 - 13:37 Link
Antique light for me. Both versions have lots of appeal but there's just a hint of artificial light colour cast in #1.
David
marklj
Posted 17/03/2011 - 14:04 Link
Jings but those are lovely shots. Normally I would plump for the antique tone but I really like the light and colour of the background of the first image. Either way I'd be more than happy to have taken either one. Can you imagine that scene with a wee bit of mist playing about.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo